SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Itroll speed control

4/23/16 @ 8:45 AM
INITIAL POST
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02
Anyone with experience using this device? My kicker speed control can be a challenge so interested in something that can help fine tune. I've not been able to find out much about this unit except from the manufacturers site. Sound like Trollmaster gets mixed reviews and has some issues with water resistance. The Itroll is water proof. Thanks, Grey Beard
Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts
4/19/21 @ 2:38 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Skippy, call Joel at itroll. Im sure he can point you in the right direction.

4/19/21 @ 1:45 PM
Skippy Lou
User since 2/24/14

After looking on the iTroll website and searching google I can't find installation kits specific to my honda 8 hp. In my case it appears I need rod, servo mounting bracket, and metal collars. 

Is it up to me to fabricate these items myself or does someone have knowledge of where to get pre-made install kits.

4/19/21 @ 11:51 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Just got off the phone with Joel at Itroll. I bought a itroll unit about 10 years ago and key pad went out. Joel fixed it at no cost ( not even shipping) !! go to Itroll website and give Joel a call.. one of the most friendly people ive dealt with

4/19/21 @ 8:15 AM
Skippy Lou
User since 2/24/14

Thanks for sending me that link. I didn't buy the unit new, it actually came with a boat I purchased this spring and unfortunately no instructions.

Appreciate the help!

4/19/21 @ 6:52 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

The directions with photos should have come with your unit.

2001+ Honda 8hp

4/18/21 @ 9:24 PM
Skippy Lou
User since 2/24/14

Does anyone have any experience mounting the servo motor on a 2006 8 hp Honda 4 stroke. 

I’m struggling with finding a good place to mount where I will be able to connect the wire to the throttle on the carb.

I’ve watched all the videos out there and the motors used all seem to have the servo installed on the back-half of the motor because the wire needs to pull the throttle screw towards the back of the motor to increase fuel/rpms.

The problem with my Honda is that the carb is in the front 1/3 of the motor and the throttle screw needs to be pulled towards the front of the motor to increase rpms.

Thanks in advance for any insight 

4/11/21 @ 7:21 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

You can adjust your servo and arm to be very sensitive with a smaller range if that's the way you would like it.

You can make it work from no throttle to high throttle with a twist of the dial or only change a few RPM's with the same turn. Many never try and tune the operation of the unit to suit their needs.

3/22/21 @ 3:09 PM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

Fish Hound - thank you so much for those links; EXACTLY what I was looking for.

3/22/21 @ 12:27 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Some Options / Ideas for mounting

Itroll

Instruction on tuning the servo, which may help you "fine tune" speed a bit by adjusting the arm.

Itroll Adjustment

3/22/21 @ 9:40 AM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

I have an iTroll on my boat and love it.  I am not so pleased at the sensitivity of the the control knob (a little turn changes the RPMs a lot).

I am also curious how others have mounted the box.  The dealership used Velcro to attach to the console.  Big waves and people constantly knock it off.  Are there mounting plates that could be used to install into the console?  Any other suggestions?

4/29/16 @ 6:01 AM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02
Fish Hound, Thanks for the info. I ordered mine and did pop for the Hunt mode. I already try to mimic some of the erratic speed Hunt mode does but not my boatmates. I figured it would be simplier to let a computor do it for me. I checked with a few other fishing friends and frankly quite surprised how many already have a Trollmaster or other speed device in place. They never talk about it but when asked they for the most part love it and would not be without it. When I described some of the ITroll features the were quite surprised and interested. Late last summer replaced my S1000 autopilot with Lowrance's new one and so far love it. Looking forward to technology making life easier this summer. GB
4/27/16 @ 7:18 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
The Itroll allows you to add any feature after you have purchased the unit. If you want to keep the initial cost down you can order, install, and use the Itroll and then later add the "Hunt" feature. They simply provide you with a code that activates the software already in the unit. After many failures with Troll Master and Control King the switch to Itroll has been worth it.
4/26/16 @ 9:32 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
I got minewith hunt mode but never used it. The one I installed on a Honda 8hp on Sunday I recommended they order without and they did not take the option.
4/26/16 @ 6:32 AM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02
Fish Hound, Do you or your friends use the Hunt mode? Your opinion whether it's worth the extra $? Thanks, GB
4/25/16 @ 10:59 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
I have used the Itroll on my Yamaha T-8 for three seasons with no issue. I've installed it on a few friends boats and all have been pleased as well. I've had many failures with the Troll Master on Control King in the past, I wouldn't recommend either of those.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE