LOGIN
Lake-Link

Ipad nav

5/3/14 @ 6:58 PM
ORIGINAL POST
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
I got my I pad downloaded with navonics hot maps this week and used it on Friday . Here is what I did to get the whole thing ready to go . Griffen case . $60 Non glare / non smudge screen protector $39 Nav app $49 Hotmaps $29 Ram base $29 Home made holder I'm not completely sold on it yet , I can't say that I was a total waste of money. I have a humminbird 997 with gps but it's really nice to have two large screens but the nav app isn't the greatest. Doesn't really zoom in as far as I would like . And it doesn't cover a lot of Lake Michigan . You don't have to have it hooked up to data plan or wifi ( only to download maps ) to track your route or your position but it could be a bit better . In conclusion if your looking for a large screen and a decent map go for it . But just don't expect the same quality and zoom that your sonar /gps combo has .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/9/14 @ 9:39 PM
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
All of they above . I had it out on the water today and the navioncs my have some different features . But I didn't fell like the maptech was inadequate today at all . You can set waypoints , name them . You can track and name it . It had a GPS speed on it that was reading the exact same speed as my humminbird . And the map was good also .

6/9/14 @ 2:02 PM
lvtofish
User since 2/2/05
how does the mapitech know where you are if there is no wifi/cell? does it track you position? can you set waypoints?

6/7/14 @ 7:00 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
Mid zoom

6/7/14 @ 6:59 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
Screen shots

6/7/14 @ 6:53 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
Update on the nav . If interested in using your ipad with no internet connection buy the MAPiTech Great Lakes addition it's only $5.99 works great and has all of the great lakes on it . It's the NOAA chart but zooms to 45yds out . A ton cheaper than the navonics and actually has the entire lake on it not just 1 mile out like the navonics . For Great Lakes addition in there software it's $100 + . So if your looking for a decent map and like I said you don't need a internet connection this one is the one to buy .

5/4/14 @ 1:26 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
User since 2/28/09
It definitely it makes it a lot better .

5/3/14 @ 9:53 PM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10
Does the non-glare screen protector make it a lot easier to see in the sunlight?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.