Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Humminbird 859ci HD DI Combo

3/31/15 @ 8:48 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Farcast1
User since 4/6/07
I'm looking at pulling the trigger on this unit for Lake Michigan. The last 2 units I've had were Lowrance, but after having the GPS unit work less than 5% of time even after replacing the GPS antenna twice, dealing with poor customer service and then being told my unit is unrepairable, I'm looking to move to Hummingbird. Anyone familiar with this unit? Your feedback would be appreciated!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/11/15 @ 5:53 AM
shagboy
User since 8/4/03
I had a Lowrance for 10 years. The gps went out. It would cost more to get fixed then the unit was worth. I bought a 859 last spring. All I can say is that I love it. It took a little time to get to know the unit. I would hook it up to a small battery and play with in the hose. I fished lake trout up in Canada in 70 to 100 feet of water. I vertical jig them. When I would use the DI screen I could not see my jigs that good. I could see the bottom and the fish. On the sonar screen I could see a 1/4 oz jig on the bottom and the lakers chasing it. I would use the split screen then to see what was going on down there. The 7 inch screen is nice for that. The gps is easy and user friendly. It comes with a base map on the unit. I think lake Michigan is on it not sure.

4/1/15 @ 1:30 PM
capt.spanky
User since 6/12/02
bought one last year and it has been bullet proof. Have lake master chip in it as well. running on inland lake but seems to work flawlessly. Kissed Lowrance goodbye a looooong time ago. Big Smile

4/1/15 @ 8:18 AM
smokercraft427
MEMBER since 4/16/06
I also have Lowrance and as of right now (fingers crossed) it's working great. But I do believe Hummingbird is producing the best locator made as of right now. And the 859ciHD DI is the best unit for the money. If I had to spend money on a new locator it would be that exact one.

3/31/15 @ 9:23 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
My buddy has one on his 16 foot bass tracker. Loves it.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.