Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Help with flat lining?

4/26/14 @ 8:48 AM
ORIGNAL POST
amstel239
User since 12/28/01
How do you run your flat lines? What is the make up of it lures etc? Any help would be great. Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/27/14 @ 8:51 AM
amstel239
User since 12/28/01
I remember as a kid my dad would run one rod straight out the back i believe with a fly and dodger? or a rebel? if that sounds right. I just remember getting mostly rainbows off that rod. Again this would of been late 80's early 90'. I understand times have changed. but was wondering if that some of you might do that similar set up. I am know setting up my own boat for the big pond for the first time, and have seen many things have changed.

4/26/14 @ 2:01 PM
DJurgens
User since 5/21/11
Always have the deeper line closest to the boat and the shallow line further away. I have added weights to the lines to help drop the crankbait, fly or spoon down even further. Stagger the weights accordingly - 1/4oz then 3/8 oz. Hope this helps.

4/26/14 @ 10:27 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04
Thanks to the greatest advance in fishing with multiple line spreads; the "in-line planer board", few do it any more. Very long fish rods can help a lot to get spread when long lining. If it's browns you're after, the jointed rapalas sometimes work.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.