Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fall day time fishing success

9/12/14 @ 9:15 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Lund forever
User since 1/21/08
Having never participated in the fall fishing, is it very important to get out at or before first light to do any good? Looks like fog is very common in the morning and I don't have radar on my boat. Am about a three hour drive away and was thinking of doing a day run. I'm asking about the Wisconsin side. PM me if you wish. Lund

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/15/14 @ 9:13 AM
lvtofish
User since 2/2/05
in an ideal world. hit the silver fish bite pre-dawn, then move inshore for zombie fish for the day bite.

9/14/14 @ 9:15 AM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
For the record, I was talking about shore/pier, or near shore fishing. You only need to go deeper if you want smaller salmon. Biggest ones are virtually ALL near shore at this time.

9/14/14 @ 8:54 AM
muskymike275
User since 1/6/08
I've fished salmon during mid day many times. I have done very well, but but sometimes not so good either. Fishing is still fishing but I would have plenty of confidence fishing fall daytime hours. Our success has typically been deeper water 150-400. Goodluck

9/13/14 @ 8:27 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
IME time of day doesn't mean squat at this time of year. 90% of my fall Chinook fishing is done mid-day, I prefer it because the piers and harbors generally have a lot less people fishing/crowding them. I see no advantage in getting up at the crack of dawn to fish them when I know for a fact I'll catch fish at a good-excellent rate later in the day.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.