Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Coho Help

4/27/14 @ 12:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
J B
User since 3/10/02
Hello, I fished Lake Michigan for the first time with our 16.5'deep v last year with moderate success and I'm looking forward to this year. It sounds like the coho action during spring can be very good. I'm just curious what my best options are. I have 4 line counters and rod holders with braid. I probably will not add a down rigger, copper or lead core if I don't have to. It sounds like small orange dodger and peanut flies are the favorite. How deep are spring cohos usually? What is the best way to get my baits down there? Dipsy or lead weights? If lead weight, what size? Speed? Sorry for all of the questions. TIA

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/6/14 @ 7:49 AM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09
No, not that I know of. I know a few were getting caught, but not the big run. I think it barely made it north of Milwaukee Harbor.

7/5/14 @ 2:21 PM
Chemist
User since 6/17/01
Did the big coho run ever get to Port Washington this year?

4/27/14 @ 2:36 PM
theosl1
User since 7/27/11
Coho feed on the top to 15' down. They will hit 00 dodgers orange with peanut flies 18" behind (spoons and cranks will work but not as effective) I will set dipseys at 15' to 18' ,riggers 20' to 10' ,boards use keel weights (lighter weights on the outside)3/8oz ,1/2oz then 3/4oz on the inside. Speed 1.9 mph. Cohos are in large groups and eat ,if you can way point and get back ,you will get hit again. We caught 20 yesterday out of Milwaukee (this may be an early group or may be here for good) Good luck.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.