LOGIN
Lake-Link

church boards

8/20/14 @ 7:17 AM
ORIGNAL POST
slipery
slipery
User since 1/30/11
Any body out there have problems with the pins breaking on the church tx b2b I had 2 pins break fishing coho derby . Was able to retreve 1 and lost 1 Had my name and number on board . Hoping to get a call . I contacted church and they think I am crazy . But they have stainless pins to replace the plastic one ??? I read an article from Ludington fishing report . Witch they had article on boards and the church board had issues with pins breaking . The pins are breaking on the top were it tapers causing the spring to push the pin down ward allowing the line to poll through . Church told me that they wrap down rigger cable around the pin and have 2 guys pull as hard as they can and the pins dont break . I dont know if I buy into that . Well I am going to get the stainless pins boards are to pricey to loose even putting name on them and still not getting them back . I hope who found it is real happy every time he uses it .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/22/14 @ 6:35 AM
Fishercreek
User since 10/2/05
I have been told braid really erodes those plastic pins and causes them to break. So far, I have not had and issue, but everything I run has a mono clipped to the board.

8/21/14 @ 10:33 AM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
User since 3/30/04
We have all broken those pins. In a pinch i screwed a red OR 16 release to the back of my TX 44 and havnt looked back since.

8/20/14 @ 11:24 AM
mayo16
User since 5/23/12
I have had one break this year. Lucky it was when I was attaching to line so I didn't lose it. I just bought one at fleet exchanged pins and returned that one. I didn't know they have a better pin will prob try those. I highly doubt they are paying 2 guys to test pins. Sounds bs to me.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.