SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Best Lake Michigan boat to buy

5/27/21 @ 4:15 AM
INITIAL POST
FlyAllDay
User since 11/2/04

In the market for a boat to use on Lake Michigan as well as Lake Winnebago.  I was looking at Skeeter for a fiberglass model and Starweld for an aluminum model.  Just looking for opinions before I pull the trigger.  It seems on fiberglass models I looked at putting out downriggers looks like a pain to have to kneel on a bench compared to aluminum models like the Starweld have a section cut out making it easier to stand. Looking at price points as well as ease of operation and quality of ride and safety on the big lake.   Thanks

Displaying 16 to 22 of 22 posts
5/30/21 @ 12:13 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

By ur last post it seems like ur leaning towards the Crestliner. I’m assuming that’s the cheaper of the two? And it’s more fishable. I’d go with the Crestliner myself but I’m slightly biased, I’m a Crestliner fan. I’m sure you’d be happy with either, good luck. 

5/30/21 @ 1:22 AM
FlyAllDay
User since 11/2/04

The 23 FT warrior would be amazing, but out of my price range.  I think I narrowed it down to a Crestliner Commander 20 FT or a Skeeter WX2060.  Both seem like great big wave boats just differ in price a little and aluminum vs glass.  Anyone have any opinions on those?  I did notice on glass boats it may be a pain to deploy a downrigger with two people especially as I get older having to kneel on a bench.  The commander boats seem to have higher sidewalls and more room to strictly fish.  

5/27/21 @ 12:05 PM
anneyealator
User since 6/24/12

i have had crestliners, lunds, starcrafts,alumacrafts, rangers, tritons, skeeters and farther back fisher,lowe , sea nymph and the one i would choose is a princecraft..i had one i used all over the bigger waters in ontario...look at the platinum series...or the Kapture 187

5/27/21 @ 10:50 AM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

For the $, I don't think that you can be a Crestliner.  I have a 2017 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1850 WT.  It's fit and form are still amazing.  I would however, consider upgrading to the Raptor if constantly fishing "bigger waters" because of the steeper deadrise.  The track system for the travel cover as well as mounting is the best too!  

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

5/27/21 @ 8:55 AM
otter man
User since 1/3/10

Lund 18 ft tyee

5/27/21 @ 8:05 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

I would go with the new 23 foot Warrior

Displaying 16 to 22 of 22 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE