LOGIN
Lake-Link

Anyone bring there dog out with them

6/3/18 @ 6:53 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Team ZA
Team ZA
User since 8/19/09

Heading out tm out of mckinely and was thinking of taking my 2yr lab with me. She hasn't been out on the big pond before just wondering if anyone else has taken there dog out with them, any chance of them getting seasick?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/24/18 @ 12:13 PM
teamstratos219
teamstratos219
User since 9/4/06

I rarely fish without my pooch.  he's been going out on the boat since he was just a few months old.  never gotten sick.  getting them out on the boat very early in their life is important.  an older dog who has not been out on the big pond would be a different story.  i think i would leave him on shore.

7/24/18 @ 11:40 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

Poodle is German for puddle and mine, while he lived, loved the boat. Once when standing with his front legs on the gunnel he reached a little too far toward the scent he detected and ended up falling overboard. I threw the boat in reverse and he popped up but started swimming for shore! I yelled his name and he spun a 180 heading back to the boat. As he got closer I realized the serious danger of the prop churning in his direction so I killed the motor just in time to see him bump into the boat and slide under it! A quick last second grab around the chest pulled him back to the surface and over the side. After a shake to dry himself off he went back to his post to sniff the air once more. My wife sprang for a dog life jacket with a handle on the back but he never fell overboard again.

6/21/18 @ 5:34 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Mine puked. Everywhere. He likes going to the river for walleye and cats. Thought he would be ok. No dice. What a mess.

6/8/18 @ 10:14 AM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Last three dogs I've had took/ take them all the time. Stop and let them run before and if it's warm have water available. Started when they were pups and never had one get sick.

6/8/18 @ 5:18 AM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

My beagle loves the boat

6/5/18 @ 5:35 PM
No Dak
MEMBER since 2/28/16

I take them every chance I get. Provide fresh water, shade & let them air out before heading out. Had big male Chessie years ago that would beat me to the rod when the drag started singing. Since then had more chessies, gsp,labs keep me company. Have a new setter puppy that's going to be ready soon. Enjoy 

6/4/18 @ 2:44 PM
DJurgens
User since 5/21/11

I bring my Chocolate Lab with just about every time unless it is too hot. It took him a little time to get used to the boat ride passed the docks with all the birds around. He is the only one that says "yes" every time when asked about wanting to go fishing. Enjoy the time and watch the hooks. 

6/3/18 @ 7:21 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
I take one of mine virtually all the time, the other never goes because he’s a nut. I’d say as long as the dog you plan on taking has been tested on safer waters, you’ll be ok. I’ve never heard of or even thought of a dog being seasick, so can’t help you there. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.