SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Anybody ever run 4 Dipsey's per side?

7/7/20 @ 6:15 PM
INITIAL POST
_Troller
User since 4/22/02

They have four settings but thinking 4 dipsey's per side is asking for trouble.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
7/9/20 @ 6:21 AM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

4 per side would be a disaster. 

I have been using the s-biner system this year. By far faster/easier than a Slide Diver.

Heck, it's faster/easier than a regular dipsy as far as setting up and packing up (no messing with leaders)

7/8/20 @ 5:39 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

6' is usually plenty. I don't see dipseys as a stealth presentation anyway. I'm using 4' when running FF as that adds another 32" to back up when netting and I only have an 18' boat. If you wan to run longer leads with dipsey style presentation get Slide Divers. It can be done with mini S-biners but that is more monkeying around and I have enough to monkey with. LOL

7/8/20 @ 11:07 AM
_Troller
User since 4/22/02

What about lead length behind the dipsy? 6' enough, or is the thinking one can get more strikes with longer leads

7/8/20 @ 10:34 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

I've run 3 per side keeping the setting 1.5 apart. I'm sure 4 can be done but...

My boat only holds so many people and I have other presentations I want in the water also.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE