MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Amsterdam Boat Ramp

6/19/19 @ 4:33 PM
INITIAL POST
SalmonRecon
SalmonRecon
User since 7/8/17

The WDNR recently posted an update that there was an Amsterdam boat ramp being finished somewhere in Ozaukee County but I haven't been able to find much other information about it. Is it located at Amsterdam Park in Cedar Grove? Does anyone have any info in regards to how nice the launch is or if there is a breakwall or anything there to knock down the waves? Thanks in advance.

-Recon

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
6/22/19 @ 1:39 PM
SalmonRecon
SalmonRecon
User since 7/8/17

Thanks for the help, everyone! I'm hoping to make it down there next weekend, if I do I will be sure to post a report! 

6/21/19 @ 6:10 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

As far as how to get to the Amsterdam launch: heading north on I-43 get off on the Cedar Grove exit, turn right at the end of the off ramp then take your first left, the road dead ends right into the launch. 

6/21/19 @ 11:01 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

There is a pier there now. 

6/21/19 @ 8:53 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

If I remember I’ll check it out on my way home from work today and let you know what I see. I know there is a ramp there but never a pier or break wall. Maybe they put a pier in recently???

6/20/19 @ 2:26 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I believe there has been a ramp there for a long time, can't find anything about recent updates. Did find this comment "The Amsterdam Ramp is still in the process of being put in" but that just means the dock wasn't in yet at the time of that report which was May 30th, 2019. The clickable link below shows a map of the park.

Amsterdam Park Map

6/19/19 @ 5:50 PM
eyelooking
eyelooking
User since 2/28/05

I checked the map but nothing listed just yet.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE