Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wolves in Wisconsin

6/1/19 @ 12:18 AM
ORIGNAL POST
bscaffidi4
MEMBER since 6/1/19

I would love to see a wolf in Wisconsin!  Every time I visit family in central Wisconsin, I only hear about sightings!  If anyone knows where I would be most likely to catch a glimpse, please do share!  I would jump at the opportunity!

DISPLAYING 21 TO 24 OF 24 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/1/19 @ 11:30 AM
Birdyboy
Birdyboy
User since 8/24/07

Go to the DNR website and search for wolf depredation sites. They publish a map of every dog killed each time it happens during the year. They also identify a warning zone where the pack is likely located. They are warning zones for a reason. Wolves will protect heir young and they will also kill your dog if they can get it to chase. Be careful. If you have not seen a wolf in the wild, you might be surprised by their size and how bold they can be. They are considerably larger than a coyote with large males topping 150lbs. To my knowledge, they have not attacked a human being in Wisconsin. Better not to be the first. 

6/1/19 @ 7:23 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Here you go. Northern Oneida County. Feel free to take a few home with you as souvenirs.

6/1/19 @ 5:48 AM
icebelt
User since 10/22/13

Wolfs jus don’t let themselves be seen. So you may have to help your odds. Dogs like stink I’m sure you have seen them roll in stink. So here is what you do save about 3gallons of solid fecal matter preferably someone else’s mix that with a jug of molasses and 3 gallons of water add a little butter and grape jelly if you wish. Get a chair go deep in the central Wisconsin woods spill the slurry all over your self and sit there for 16 hours and I’m sure some thing will happen for you good luck

DISPLAYING 21 TO 24 OF 24 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.