MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Wisconsin Boat Registration.

4/27/16 @ 1:56 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Terrific_tom
Terrific_tom
USER since 6/9/08
Just a heads up on your boat registration if you renewed it by mail. They have not even started processing the renewals by mail and most likely will not start for over a week maybe 2 weeks due to their new Go Wild System. If you renewed online you got a receipt and are good to go. If you sent it in by mail you might not be good to go. They were suppose to mail every one a temporary receipt but screwed that up also. I sat on the phone for 20 minutes on hold trying to get it straightened out. Finally some one answers only to tell me I was out of luck because I mailed my in and that their was nothing she could do. I explained to her that while sitting on hold I had to listen to several recordings that you could either email them or talk to the next available agent. I chose to remain on the line to talk to next agent which was her. She tried to get rid of me several times by saying she could do nothing for me. Finally after me insisting that I did as I was instructed she took my information and would be sending me a temporary registration. What a bunch of BS. I mailed the renewal the day after I received it.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 29 Posts
4/20/19 @ 1:40 PM
Jeremy
Jeremy
USER since 6/15/01

I renewed my boat online on March 31 and just got my stickers today.  I still have a 1977 Rupp snowmobile on my account that I sold in 1989

Post Your Comment
4/17/19 @ 10:28 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

I can see that happening.  I found out that stuff does not get removed all the time.  Not a boat, but I had an ATV that I sold and it was still showing up in my registered vehicles on the site.  I had to call the DNR and have them remove it, you can't do it yourself.  I was told that's a good thing to do either way, not that someone gets hurt and they try to link it back to you yet even though you no longer own it.

Post Your Comment
4/15/19 @ 2:04 PM
fishicot
fishicot
USER since 4/16/18

So I get my notice in the mail to renew my boat registration, go to the Go Wild site and do the renewal.  Tags come in a reasonable amount of the time and I think all is well.  Today I go to put the new stickers on the boat and the registration numbers don't match.  Call the DNR and find out I renewed a boat that was destroyed by five over 18 years ago.  DNR said I could get a refund and I have resubmitted my registration for my current boat.  In the meantime I need to carry around a 8 X 11 sheet of paper.

Lesson learned check to make sure you are renewing the correct vehicle.

Post Your Comment
5/22/16 @ 11:41 AM
Terrific_tom
Terrific_tom
USER since 6/9/08

Still waiting for my renewal stickers. Just saw on news last night that almost half of wardens still do not have the correct phone to check your license and will have to call it in if you use the Go Wild card or your driver's license.

Post Your Comment
5/22/16 @ 10:30 AM
haf2fsh
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

Raise the flag, almost  two months after I mailed in my  boat renewal, my stickers have arrivied !!!  Good thing it's my secondary craft, little 12 footer. Got two years left on my main fishing boat, maybe they will have it figured out by then.  Was very poor timing for the start up of a new system,  DNR is a master of that..........

Edited on 5/22/16 10:32 AM
Post Your Comment
5/21/16 @ 8:06 PM
beachcomber II
beachcomber II
USER since 12/7/13

finally recieved my stickers today. they even had the right numbers on which were wrong on the post card they sent me. the system is really working now. im still afraid to try buying a fishing license for my wife.

Post Your Comment
5/20/16 @ 11:29 AM
HotPockeT
HotPockeT
USER since 3/18/11

Still waiting for my new stickers.  Check was cashed almost 3 months ago. 

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 12:22 PM
CORFAB
CORFAB
USER since 8/25/14

I went in to the Sturtevant satellite on march 28th and registered/title transfer on 2 boats. Still nothing here yet, and nothing on the go wild site. So much for thinking I would make things happen faster by going in during the 3 hours of open for business they have. Haha

Post Your Comment
5/9/16 @ 12:57 PM
fishinmedic
fishinmedic
USER since 4/5/05

Side note, received my notice a week before my stickers expired, mailed it in that week.

Post Your Comment
5/9/16 @ 12:56 PM
fishinmedic
fishinmedic
USER since 4/5/05

Well after an hour on the phone with the DNR, they may know Friday when I'm going to get my stickers for the boat. Fun part is, I leave for Canada on the 21st. So now I'm in the process of finding out what Ontario will accept to prove registration...

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 29 Posts