SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

wilderness camping

3/31/14 @ 5:54 PM
INITIAL POST
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07
I am planning a camping/fishing trip this summer and will be camping on an island I have a good idea of what I will be bringing what are some things you guys would bring along
Displaying 21 to 30 of 45 posts
4/10/14 @ 9:58 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07
I a Decidedm exited for the trip we were going to go to Canada this year but that wasn't financially feasible for everyone So we decided to go to the tff
4/10/14 @ 9:50 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07
The sites all have pit toilets I plan on taking firewood along my grandma and my aunt and uncle live within the 25 mile radius I am going to get some from them
4/10/14 @ 2:17 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Saw mention of a pee bucket for the tent, but you'll probably want something for the inevitable deuces, including plenty of TP. Dish soap and a container to wash dishes/utensils. One of those solar shower bags probably wouldn't hurt. Hand sanitizer is a good idea too. Probably able to find enough on your own, but fire wood in the event your site has been picked over already. A camp saw is a good idea too since it's easier to saw than chop with an axe/hatchet. If there are any kids going, unless they're like I was in my younger years and willing to fish 24/7, they'll need some things to keep them occupied too. A small radio/cd player is an option, but the sheer silence is nice too. Good luck and have fun! I think there are a number of rather jealous individuals, myself included.
4/9/14 @ 12:56 AM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07
Yeah that is why I am starting to make the list now I don't want to overlook anything
4/7/14 @ 1:17 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05
sounds like quite a trip. an extra knife or two, and a hatchet. (one that can be used for a hammer on one end and a blade on the other), they always seem to come in handy for camping. extra rope.
4/7/14 @ 12:42 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07
That is a very good idea we were planning on taking 2 big coolers the one I have supposedly holds ice for 5 days we have a Coleman stove and are planning on taking a tripod for cooking over the fire we are also bringing a small very quiet Yamaha generator and battery charger to charge my trolling motor and accessory battery if that gets to low
4/7/14 @ 5:32 AM
B Fish
User since 6/26/10
We take 1/2 gallon juice containers and make lemonade at home. Then we freeze them and that serves as our ice. I make other things like (chilli & spagetti) ahead of time and freeze them too. Baically everything that is goes in my cooler is frozen ahead of time. Plus multiple coolers work better than one big one. I actually set one up for the first part of the trip and another one for the last part. Duct tape the second one shut to seal in the cold. If you keep the second cooler sealed up, don't open it, and set it in the shade things stay very cool. If you don't have a coleman stove, PM me as I have one I would sell cheap. So fun. Big Smile
4/6/14 @ 10:39 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07
I have a screen tent and a 2 room tent any one know how large most of the sites are? Never thought about extra ice or the yard guard 2 things I will have to remember I have a map of the flowage a GPS with lake chip in the boat and a hand held GPS all will be taken along
4/6/14 @ 6:19 PM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10
One extra cooler of ice. You will run out.
4/6/14 @ 5:18 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05
1.75 Liter of Crown Royal
Displaying 21 to 30 of 45 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE