SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Tubing/kayaking the Namekagon

6/11/21 @ 9:38 AM
INITIAL POST
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

I know there are outfitters in Trego who shuttle you upriver, but are people allowed to park up there (and come back for the vehicle) if they plan a float on their own with their own equipment?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
6/14/21 @ 9:40 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

Thanks guys.  We had a great trip - left my wife's vehicle at Trego Town Park, drove up and launched at Big Bend.  From there to Earl was fairly quiet - once we got to Earl the river got busy with people.

The kids saw 7 huge snapping turtles sunning on the logs, probably over 50 painted turtles.

Things got interesting when we arrived at my wife's vehicle and found out she left her keys in my truck........some amazing Wisconsin folk shuttled me back up to Big Bend and would not take anything for their trouble.  Karma will come back to them, I'm sure.

6/12/21 @ 4:04 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

You can park at any of the landings from hayward on down. Just figure out how many miles you want to go. Its all public and free, all the way to the St. Croix. I usually go from hayward to Stinnett, but you can go farther if you want. Lots of intermediate landings between the landings too.

6/11/21 @ 7:32 PM
fishNdisc
User since 3/7/10

Never been all the way to trego. Usually drop in 3 miles out of Hayward. Stinett landing and go down, many options to drop another vehicle down river, all have ample parking. Great stretch of river.

6/11/21 @ 12:57 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

you can google the river name and get maps. If that access spot  is publicly owned there should be an indication on the map. If no indication then that spot is likely private.

Your other option is call a number of the outfitters during their non busy hours and see what they say about access. Most if not all will be honest with you. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE