INITIAL POST
psycho
User since 1/21/02
just curious on who picks, what they pick
Displaying 76 to 90 of 127 posts
8/12/21 @ 7:27 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

Oncebitten, Thanks for the link. All though it was about the smooth chanterelle it explained the jack o lantern very well. I consulted my three mushroom books and was fairly certain that I had found yellow chanterelles. I do not have the thin defined gills of the jack o lantern.

8/12/21 @ 5:45 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

JigRod

That's a cool looking coral I don't see them around here.

What I have been seeing is the crowned corals

8/12/21 @ 5:38 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

Seems like your having problems with the posting photos, sorry about that.

Maybe this will help you identify what you have found.

https://youtu.be/9aOwgaIFKMY

8/12/21 @ 4:01 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

Chanterelles?

summer mushrooms..... who picks and what photo by Granpa
8/12/21 @ 3:52 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

Try another way

8/12/21 @ 3:52 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

I give up

8/12/21 @ 3:50 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

One more try

8/12/21 @ 3:47 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

Sorry I'll try again

8/12/21 @ 3:45 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

I usually only pick morrels, shaggy manes, Oysters, hens, and chickens that are easy to identify but I found these today and they look like pictures that I have seen of chanterelles. Can somebody let me know if that is what they are?

Thanks,

Chuck

8/12/21 @ 10:19 AM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01

I've never tried eating coral but do find it often. This pick is some Violet Coral I found on my property last year. Looked cool.

8/11/21 @ 1:54 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

None found at the first spot yesterday did find a few oysters though. I'll be checking a new spot today. I did see some corals has anyone on this thread tried them. Let's hear about it. I seen a video the guy said it was kind of like morells.

8/11/21 @ 8:38 AM
kill'n time
User since 7/14/09

Thanks for the info. I might break off a bit and give it a try. I have only picked morals before not knowing what I am looking for when it comes to other varieties. I'll check out the internet for a recipe and give it a shot.

8/10/21 @ 1:31 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

Hunter&hound is correct

Killintime

But don't take all of it looks like a good one last year I made chicken of the woods with wild rice it's definitely delicious !! just be sure to use better than bouillon.

I think I'll be checking out my spots now thanks for the post

8/10/21 @ 7:12 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

That's chicken of the woods and I would probably eat it now.  Good stuff!

8/9/21 @ 9:58 PM
kill'n time
User since 7/14/09

This is next to an oak tree in the yard, might be growing from  a root. Is this a hen of the woods? If so, when is it right to pick, or past being worth it. Thanks

Displaying 76 to 90 of 127 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE