INITIAL POST
psycho
User since 1/21/02
just curious on who picks, what they pick
Displaying 21 to 30 of 127 posts
8/31/22 @ 10:21 AM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01

Bass, no idea what that is. Try using Google Lens with your phone and see if you get a match. Chanterelles finally showed up this past weekend along with about a dozen Lobsters.

summer mushrooms..... who picks and what photo by JigRod
summer mushrooms..... who picks and what photo by JigRod
8/30/22 @ 5:01 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

What kind is this?

summer mushrooms..... who picks and what photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
summer mushrooms..... who picks and what photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
8/28/22 @ 3:22 PM
Outa line
User since 8/9/21

Xlesox - try The Foragers Guide to Wild Foods by Nicole Apelian. 

8/28/22 @ 2:22 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/06

No Hens yet for me ! 

8/27/22 @ 9:15 AM
thurston
User since 12/13/09

If you want check out the Wildman Steve Brill website. There are a lot of pictures and descriptions of srooms plus they are listed by species. 

8/26/22 @ 9:45 PM
r&j
User since 7/30/07

Lots of books on wild mushrooms. A lot of pretty pictures but one lot of photos may vary in color from another. Okay for rough selection but be careful. All mushrooms are dangerous if you are inexperienced. Get good quality lab book and learn to identify scientifically. Start using the Latin names, it is easier than guessing. If you safely learn only a few there is enough to pick from. It is a fascinating learning experience and the eating is great.

8/26/22 @ 8:03 PM
xlesox
User since 3/13/09

I love mushrooms, but do not know enough about them to trust harvesting and eating them.  I run across many and often would like to know if what I am looking at is safe to eat.  I am never certain, so I do not harvest any.  Does anybody know of a good book or guide that would help educate me on being able to determine what I am looking at and if it is edible?  I would appreciate any pointers.  Thanks in advance!

8/26/22 @ 5:41 PM
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/06

Don’t know what happened to the fall mushroom thread!  Gonna check my early Hen spot tomorrow morning. I’ll let you know. SE Walworth county!

8/23/22 @ 4:26 AM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

One and done got a six pound earth puffball as big as a soccer ball. processed it and it fllled up six cookie sheets of half inch steaks

7/21/22 @ 11:39 AM
waffles2
User since 4/25/20

get a lot of these early in the summer. sporadicly through out the summer with plenty of oysters. few years ago i found loads of porcini in july/august.

summer mushrooms..... who picks and what photo by waffles2
Displaying 21 to 30 of 127 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE