DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 70 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/14/21 @ 12:22 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
USER SINCE 12/7/17

Fishon909

White Elm oysters.

I recently discovered them near me thay are good. And the bugs, will be there before you,the last ones I found weren't to bad, we ate a few bugs.

The photos are not of them. Found these up north last week. I'm not sure what kind is it I can't find any oyster photos with the rough lumpy top we didn't eat them just got the photo to try to identify.

Can anyone help me identify them.

9/14/21 @ 9:00 AM
fishon909
fishon909
USER SINCE 1/17/13

Dang it! They looked different than the ones growing on my mushroom logs out back. I will have to see if I can get another hike in today to see if there to see if they are still good.

9/14/21 @ 7:53 AM
Hunter&Hound
USER SINCE 7/24/01

fishon909 - Looks like you past up my favorites...oyster mushrooms!

9/14/21 @ 7:26 AM
fishon909
fishon909
USER SINCE 1/17/13

Checked a few spots last night for hens but still nothing showing. Timing seems right. Wonder if the lack of rain or higher temps have a bigger influence on them. Saw a bunch of mushrooms but not really a fan of eating the dryad saddle and was not sure what they were so let them be. 

9/13/21 @ 9:54 PM
JigRod
USER SINCE 11/16/01

Still finding a few late season Chanterelles this past weekend along with a couple Kings. Forest cty. Also found a lot of Scabers but I’m not familiar enough with them so left them be. 

9/13/21 @ 12:39 PM
kyl_me
USER SINCE 7/21/08

Thank you. Didn't think it was anything edible, but was surprised to see the one had been removed.

9/13/21 @ 7:40 AM
JigRod
USER SINCE 11/16/01

Northern Tooth.

9/13/21 @ 7:02 AM
kyl_me
USER SINCE 7/21/08

I don’t pick but I saw this on a tree when hiking near my house a month or so ago. There were two of them on the same tree. When I was back out this weekend, this one was gone but the one above it, that could not be easily reached, was still there. Can anyone tell me based on this picture what it is?

9/10/21 @ 10:34 AM
Cobra57
MEMBER SINCE 2/4/18

Cauliflowers yesterday. Marquette county. 

9/7/21 @ 2:08 PM
fishon909
fishon909
USER SINCE 1/17/13

Got a few early season hen spots that I’ve been checking but nothing showing yet. Maybe after this rain??? Temps seem a bit high during the day still. The oysters on my mushroom logs have started to produce! Only took 1.5 years to see something but it’s got me excited! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 70 POSTS
Advertise here
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.