psycho
USER SINCE 1/21/02
just curious on who picks, what they pick

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/10/21 @ 10:39 AM
Hunter&Hound
USER SINCE 7/24/01

I totally agree...I'll take oysters, chanterelles or hedgehogs over morels any day.  They're around longer and much easier to find.

6/10/21 @ 8:19 AM
migr8r
migr8r
USER SINCE 2/8/11

I have some large elm logs in the woods next to my house that I’ve been getting oysters from for a few weeks now. I’ve been watering it to keep them growing. I think like the morel season, it’s too dry for them to produce without added moisture right now. I actually much prefer oysters over morels.

6/10/21 @ 8:03 AM
Hunter&Hound
USER SINCE 7/24/01

When will start finding some good stuff: chanterelles, hedgehogs, oysters, chickens, hens?

I had some mushrooms pop up in my strawberries that looked like honey mushrooms, but I don't eat those.

I can't wait to find some fresh oysters!

6/9/21 @ 12:49 PM
Wjbk95
USER SINCE 4/12/21

Interesting just figured it was a shroom of fungus of some sort cause they only lasted a couple days before drying out and curling up.  Guess that’s why I couldn’t find anything in my mushroom book about it. 

6/8/21 @ 12:02 PM
Edward Felcohands
USER SINCE 2/24/09

That’s monotropa uniflora, it’s actually a plant

6/8/21 @ 9:42 AM
Wjbk95
USER SINCE 4/12/21

Wondering if anyone knows what kind of shroom this is, they were around the stumps of living red pine last summer in Marinette Co

5/23/21 @ 3:56 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
USER SINCE 2/9/03

Does anyone know what these are? Found under pines near a grass meadow. 

8/14/20 @ 1:57 PM
utahman
USER SINCE 3/9/03

Hit the jackpot this week two days ago. Got a whole year supply. I hit the local cemetary and got a lot of vase puffballs, today got two, about 6 inches from some bodys yard right off the road. about ten days ago got three about 4-5 inches. Probably have two and a half gallon bags frozen. To process cut into slices as close to 1/4 inch and fry in light olive oil 30 seconds per side, put them on a cookie sheet and freeze, then bag them up. Great with bear or venison, stroganoffs or whatever. They taste just like those white ones in stores.

9/5/14 @ 9:44 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
USER SINCE 3/14/03
Beer_rat, that looks very much like a jack-o-lantern. Steer clear. Pictures of the underside would be quite helpful, but don't tempt fate...

9/5/14 @ 6:55 PM
OB.3
USER SINCE 1/6/13
found lots of hens today. too old to just coming up! took 4 between two of us.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 26 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.