LOGIN
Lake-Link

Stocking a pond with koi fishes

2/9/20 @ 11:29 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Tom_Zam
Tom_Zam
User since 11/11/19

Hi guys. Have any of you had an experience of stocking a pond with koi fishes? I and my wife are thinking about building a pond in the backyard, so I need a bit of advice. We are buying a couple of these things, but I have no idea which models to choose, so we need an expert opinion. If someone knows anything about filtration systems, please send me PM

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/13/20 @ 8:45 PM
lar
lar
User since 7/13/01

The otters will find them and eat them all...

2/10/20 @ 2:06 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

No direct knowledge, but friends of my parents have a pond in their backyard with some koi (and my daughter's first goldfish that outgrew the tank). It's not very big...maybe 10-12 feet long and about 4 feet across and probably 2 feet deep with a little waterfall run by pump. You will probably want to consider some kind of cover for them to hide under or some kind of netting to prevent critters from making off with your pets. 

2/9/20 @ 4:41 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Not Koi , but I have goldfish in an outdoor pond of about 275 gallons  and winter in a 50 gallon rubber stock tank .  I just a have a fountain pump for air . Inside I used to have an aquarium filter  , now just an air pump .  Fish have always seemed to do fine .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.