SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Sealing leaky RV roof.

5/6/24 @ 11:02 AM
INITIAL POST
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

Hey all, found a leak in my 19' Dutchman Aerolite Cub camper.  During a rainstorm last year I spotted some water dripping down the wall inside.  Got on the roof and found some cracking in the white rubberized? roof.

The spray Flexseal failed, and so far no waterproof tape will stick to the roof surface.

Anyone have a successful solution?

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
5/13/24 @ 5:54 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Any RV shop should sell camper roofing tape, I have purchased some from Shoeders marine in Rhinelander.

Clean the area first with rubbing alcohol, and I don't think you'll have any trouble.

For maintenance, I've had good luck with Duck Seal from Menards. 

5/8/24 @ 8:56 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09
Looks like good stuff.

I ended up buying some Rustoleum Elastomeric Roof Coating.  Put one coat on so far, will do another tonight.

Interesting, the coverage calculations said about 1.5 gallons for a 10'x10' roof - my camper is 19 ft, but has the usual vents and AC stuff on top, so subtracted some square footage for those, and bought 2 gallons.

I hope I didn't do it wrong, but used the recommended roller with 3/8" nap, first coat only used 1/4 of a gallon.......?
5/7/24 @ 9:55 AM
Dead Dog
User since 4/14/21
https://crazyseal.com/?gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn7_swuX7hQMVuGdHAR0kDQKwEAAYASAAEgLF5vD_BwE

Check this site.  Applied a couple years ago no issue so far.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE