several strips of flag tape flying in the wind

A large flag

an owl decoy

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/15/14 @ 10:28 AM
Tomr
MEMBER since 8/24/01
Update on my Robin problem. We tried all of the suggestions except the snake. Even put an Owl decoy out on the lights and the robin sits on it. The idea of the Crossman is good, except,he sees us coming and flies off before we can get a clear shot at him.

This has been going on for over 6 weeks and is getting real old. Thanks for any more suggestions! Tom

4/28/14 @ 12:22 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
snakes work on Hurricane too, hehehe

4/27/14 @ 11:55 PM
BOBBYB
BOBBYB
User since 5/24/03
Every try putting a big rubber snake on the truck. Saw some sparrows and robins in the yard last year eating tossed out bread and a snake slithered 12 feet away and all birds took off. Took a long time for them to come back

4/27/14 @ 1:15 PM
billgriz
User since 3/3/08
We have been having the same problem the last three days on our front picture window with a robin. The wife put those small sticky notes on the inside of the window and the problem went away.

4/27/14 @ 12:48 PM
BeerTownFyreman
User since 6/15/01
Probably a male bird... it's fighting it's own shadow on the windows trying to be dominant. I had the same thing with a Cardinal.

Cover the window to take the reflections away for a day or two and they should move on.

And yes, they recognize autos as a "home" for an intruding bird, so they will zoom in on specific colors... such as a same auto.

4/27/14 @ 11:09 AM
Tomr
MEMBER since 8/24/01
We have a similar problem Robin. It has been pecking at the windows, like it is trying to get in. It has left a mess on the patio doors, deck railing and my grille. we have tried the owl pictures, put strips of white plastic on a stick and used a flag. Nothing seems to deter him/her. He/she like to sit on the stick!!! Everytime I go out, it fly's away and usually I cannot see where it goes. I guess it is time to get the 22 out?

4/27/14 @ 10:43 AM
cooter2
User since 11/30/13
Kent eight shot Evil Grin

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.