LOGIN
Lake-Link

new wi.wild dnr system

8/3/16 @ 7:55 AM
ORIGNAL POST
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

My guess is the person's age and lack of experience using a computer.  People don't like change, creatures of habit.

I griped about the registration part of it because they hosed that up pretty good.  Overall its easy to use but I have found a few bugs with it yet.  Like one was when I purchased my gun and archery license.  I had both licenses and my 2 farmland tags in the cart.  I then deleted my gun license and it removed that along with both farmland tags, even though one farmland tag was with my archery license.  No big deal since I caught it but clearly a bug.

Saw some spelling errors as well which just makes it look bush league.  Kind of unacceptable for a professional website, you would think they'd check all of that over.

As far as using it though, no big deal.  Been buying my stuff online for a while and its really not much different aside from having to print off the tags now.  I see no reason to go stand in line to buy stuff anymore.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/10/16 @ 8:03 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

That's just because they got it fixed now, early on it took me about 2 months for my boat registration or more. They sort of jumped the gun on that part of the site when they really weren't ready and it was the big rush time of the year since everyone was renewing. Now is probably pretty quiet for that type of thing.  Overall I like it, its honestly not a whole lot different than before in terms of using the site.  I just don't think as many people did it.  I haven't bought a tag at a store in a long time now.  Even when they mailed them to you it was like $3 extra, beat standing in line.

8/10/16 @ 7:16 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I'm really happy with the response I got on my boat registration.  I already received my decals and certificate in the mail 6 days later..  If I registered in Illinois it would have taken weeks if not months.

8/7/16 @ 4:11 PM
beachcomber II
User since 12/7/13

went on this morning and printed off my doe permits . i even supprised myself i was able to do it.as 90% of my computer time is spent on lake - link and thats about as computer friendly i am. 

8/5/16 @ 10:12 AM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Tried  to use it last week for a fall turkey application.  After a half hour I gave up  . Should not have waited so long and done it at the store !

8/4/16 @ 1:31 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I'm a big fan of the new system.  I bought my archery license and registered my kayak to use a motor all in about five minutes on my lunch break at work.  Printed out my license and tags and temp registration without issue.

8/4/16 @ 11:47 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Right you only have to put the tag on the deer if you leave it somewhere, like at someone's house or a butcher shop, otherwise it can stay in your pocket.  Then you are just supposed to keep the tag until the meat is consumed which I think is the same as its always been.  Should have nothing to do with a mount.

Not a fan of the pen idea to fill it out, but the rest doesn't bother me.  Would have preferred slitting the paper yet.

8/4/16 @ 7:39 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Lazy; you dont have to attach the tag to the deer unless your leaving it unattended. I plan on using one of the many old back tag holders that I've accumulated over the years. Put the tag in the holder, pin it to the deer. SIMPLE.

8/4/16 @ 7:22 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06

My only complaint is that you still have to tag game, but are not given the tags.  So now we are expected to attach a paper tag and hope it doesn't rip off while dragging a deer through the woods.  Then, if you mount an animal, to be legal you have to keep the piece of paper with the mount.  Used to be easier with the metal tag after registration.  

If they are going to do away with physical licenses and in  person registration, then do away with tagging as well.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.