Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Morell Mushrooms

3/10/04 @ 12:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
spoolingaround
USER SINCE 3/14/02
I thought that I would start this as a where and when topic. I really don't want to know exact locations. But county, day, month, type of area found such as hard woods, an old elm, etc. Also Strains would be helpful. Many people such as my self would like an idea as to of where and when to start looking. I personally have had very little success and would like to learn more. Thank You for any assistance.

DISPLAYING 71 TO 80 OF 2,124 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/1/20 @ 3:07 PM
Bass Pro
Bass Pro
USER SINCE 12/21/05

Found a nice patch of blacks yesterday at one of my early stops! Good luck hunting! 

4/30/20 @ 8:48 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

Nothing for me today either.  Going to try a different spot tomorrow

4/30/20 @ 5:48 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER SINCE 7/17/09

Nothing going yet for me in Lacrosse county. Been poking around the property the last week or so hoping for an early crop. Nada.  

Even a few of my asparagus hot spots are not producung yet. Asparagus in the garden starting to go thou. 

4/28/20 @ 9:26 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

Going out Thursday in rock county.. will post my findings.. anyone been out yet?

4/27/20 @ 2:00 PM
JigRod
USER SINCE 11/16/01

Zhuntt, what shots are you referring too?

4/27/20 @ 1:11 PM
zhuntt
USER SINCE 8/27/02

Make sure you use tick protection we have a stellar amount of them already around was in the woods on Saturday came out and had 3 deer ticks and 4 wood ticks on me that i found,not worried because i got the 2 shots to protect me but if you haven't got the shots be real careful it is nothing to play with .. lime disease is no joking matter it will cripple you if gone undetected.

4/23/20 @ 10:44 PM
Chippman
USER SINCE 5/5/06

Saw this thread and can't wait Love them Morels just a note saw some using plastic bags and I know we used ice cream buckets when I was a kid. When I was older ran into an old mushroomer that told me shrooms are spread by spores so to use mesh bags to bring them out of the woods and you will seed future picking spots. I use orange and onion bags.              Happy hunting. 

4/23/20 @ 1:59 PM
fishnhunt14
USER SINCE 4/17/07

Vernon county - I have a dead elm in my yard that has been producing the last 3 years since I lived here, nothing yet still early. Excited to get out looking this spring.

4/23/20 @ 8:48 AM
Flyrod Man
USER SINCE 8/13/09

Morels   can be tricky, can be found in many weird places.  Years ago going out to  the lake in Sturgeon Bay found a ton growing in sand!  Along side my house cpl years ago got lots and lots growing in the leek.  The leek was invaded by some other leafy plant and now I don't find any anymore.  Also weather will play a part-cold this spring so far. I live in N/Central Wisc. and watch for ground cover plants in sunny areas b4 I start looking.  If elms, they must be completely dead without bark falling off.  Apple orchards and wild apple trees are could also.  Good Luck

4/22/20 @ 8:52 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

Shouldn't be long in rock county.. another week or 2

DISPLAYING 71 TO 80 OF 2,124 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.