Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Morell Mushrooms

3/10/04 @ 12:02 PM
ORIGNAL POST
spoolingaround
User since 3/14/02
I thought that I would start this as a where and when topic. I really don't want to know exact locations. But county, day, month, type of area found such as hard woods, an old elm, etc. Also Strains would be helpful. Many people such as my self would like an idea as to of where and when to start looking. I personally have had very little success and would like to learn more. Thank You for any assistance.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 2,119 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/14/20 @ 7:33 AM
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03

Checked ridge tops and bottoms near Dodgeville yesterday...nothing popping yet in some great looking spots. Last nights rain with this warm up should get them going.

5/13/20 @ 11:16 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

They were definitely not turds they all had a stem that was attached to the ground

5/13/20 @ 1:55 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Ducks, those do look like turds! 

The first time my dad and I went to Alaska, we took one day off of fishing to do some sea kayaking and hiking on Afognak Island. While we were hiking, the outfitter found a morel. He was pretty fired up about it. That got my dad into search mode. About ten minutes later he shouts, "I found one!" He comes running up to the outfitter and I with a dried grizzly turd. I still tease him about that one. 

5/13/20 @ 10:20 AM
Buckskin
User since 5/19/04

Haven't found squat here in Waukesha County, although with these freezing temps every night I haven't had much desire to look much.

Those half free's or dog peckers as we call them are not worth trying to cook, but if you dehydrate them and add to stews or whatever they are very good and add a lot of flavor.  I dehydrate them and any pieces or not great looking morels for off season use.

5/13/20 @ 6:35 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Good Pickins Esox!

5/12/20 @ 7:32 PM
esoxangler
User since 1/16/03

Out on Saturday in south central WI and found 45-50 smallish morels. All around 3 trees total 2 elm one Apple. Will be looking this weekend for some of the bigger fellas. 

5/12/20 @ 4:39 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Strange looking stuff. 

5/12/20 @ 3:36 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

Thanks was just wierd. They were attached to the ground and only found them under dead elms here is a pick of how they were found

5/12/20 @ 5:01 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Right....not sure what the heck that is. Poop-e clinger from something. Lol

Mrs and i found about a dozen this past weekend and a handful of wild asparagus. Morell found were along water edges. Other hot spots seemed a bit dry.  LaCrosse county 

5/11/20 @ 8:52 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Ducks Forever i cant tell you what that is but it isnt a morel.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 2,119 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.