Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Morell Mushrooms

3/10/04 @ 12:02 PM
ORIGNAL POST
spoolingaround
User since 3/14/02
I thought that I would start this as a where and when topic. I really don't want to know exact locations. But county, day, month, type of area found such as hard woods, an old elm, etc. Also Strains would be helpful. Many people such as my self would like an idea as to of where and when to start looking. I personally have had very little success and would like to learn more. Thank You for any assistance.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 2,119 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/19/20 @ 9:53 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Found a couple after turkey hunting this afternoon. Hope to find a few more in the coming days.

5/19/20 @ 7:07 PM
Deadbucksdontlie
User since 1/10/19

On my way home this PM stopped by an area that was controlled burned last year....first rotten apple tree I looked by had some...found 25 nice ones in short order by 4 trees,hardly any halfs....that rain made all the difference in southern wi. Good luck...

5/19/20 @ 1:20 PM
r&j
User since 7/30/07

This is already a bit late but lilac time and apple blossom time. Lone Rock and about

all of the counties of SW Wisconsin. U P and Rock Island Wi. off Washington Island.

It has been years ago but try these as well, old unattended orchards. Watch the tall grasses as the tend to hide. A fresh warm rain helps a lot. State parks but watch for Ticks.

Warning, get permission to trespass. Property owners have no mercy when it comes to morels.

5/19/20 @ 7:15 AM
Deadbucksdontlie
User since 1/10/19

Strange season indeed.  Usually first week of may is my best week in southern Wisconsin.  We have found many halfs the last two weeks and the woods certainly felt too dry...finally found some small true morels midweek, then, after the heavy rain in a spot I checked sat...Monday found these....much easier to spot the yellows compared to the little guys.... I expect lots this week.....good luck and spray for ticks 

5/18/20 @ 1:10 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Wife found 8 on Saturday,  weird year with the cold weather. Hopefully more this week with the heat.

5/15/20 @ 12:01 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Picked 10 this morning before work in NE part of the state. A mix of blacks and greys. Will be back at tonight and tomorrow afternoon.

5/15/20 @ 8:02 AM
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03

Checked WI River bottoms near Mazomanie...nada...should've found a few at least....still too early? 

Used tick spray on clothing. Did not pick up a single one.

Pants tucked into rubber boots as well...need to get a pair of knee highs for summer....1000grams of insolation was a bit much.

5/14/20 @ 7:14 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

Couldnt wait till tomorrow so went out for a couple hours after the rain. Checked an area loaded with elms from living to on the ground checked every elm and apple i could find from next to a swamp to up on ridges. Nothing to show for it but scratches and a bunch of ticks. 

5/14/20 @ 12:15 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

According to my mycology contact, pheasant backs are in full go mode in NE WI. Might still be a bit early for morels but it should be soon.

5/14/20 @ 11:51 AM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

Ill be out checking again tomorrow northern Washington  southern Sheboygan and fond du lac countys. Hopefully this rain will make them pop.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 2,119 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.