Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Morell Mushrooms

3/10/04 @ 12:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
spoolingaround
USER SINCE 3/14/02
I thought that I would start this as a where and when topic. I really don't want to know exact locations. But county, day, month, type of area found such as hard woods, an old elm, etc. Also Strains would be helpful. Many people such as my self would like an idea as to of where and when to start looking. I personally have had very little success and would like to learn more. Thank You for any assistance.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,138 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/18/22 @ 4:43 PM
flipshack junkie
USER SINCE 2/19/09

Those are half free morels.  

5/15/22 @ 3:18 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER SINCE 2/8/11

Redneck sympathizer...

Those are not morels. Morels are one piece and 100% hollow. I can’t ID them with 100% certainty other than they are not morels. 

5/14/22 @ 2:49 PM
Flyrod Man
USER SINCE 8/13/09

North  Central Wisconsin.  I start looking when ground cover, Leek, flowers etc. start appearing.  I have good luck finding Morells in the Leek.

5/13/22 @ 5:35 PM
Madison Fish Guy
USER SINCE 9/13/13

Spent 90 minutes looking for morels around Black Earth. Found one small one. Looked in prior proven spots, looked in dark moist areas, looked in sunnier areas ... nothing. Plenty of moisture in soil in shaded areas. I am guessing they should pop any day now.

5/13/22 @ 4:42 PM
redneck sympathizer
USER SINCE 2/21/22

The smallest I've ever found. Evah! Don't even know how I spotted those Goliaths.

5/13/22 @ 9:55 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER SINCE 7/17/09

Nada for me either in lacrosse county. One would think the tropical weather would have them popping.

Pheasant back on one of fav dead falls. 

5/13/22 @ 9:23 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER SINCE 6/12/10

It's way behind this year because of the cold weather.  I checked around a couple spots in Sheboygan County and didn't find anything.

5/12/22 @ 6:33 PM
Mafia
USER SINCE 1/12/14

Nothing for me in Northern Sheboygan County, only checked a few spots.  I did see two male Scarlet Tanagers land in a tree above me, very cool to see.

5/12/22 @ 5:45 PM
jitterbug1962
USER SINCE 12/14/14

I went back out to collect some of the smaller morells that I left from last week and they were pretty much all dried up. Glad I took all the nice ones last week. One of my go too elm areas was empty this year. 

5/12/22 @ 3:10 PM
rufflefeather
MEMBER SINCE 10/23/20

I know its hot 90 + today but they must be growing ? maybe need a rainfall ? any luck ? anyone?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,138 POSTS
Advertise here
Spot-Lock®. Effortless, responsive control. And a track record of toughness that only come from Minn Kota. Ultrex™ gives you more time on the water, more casts, more catches – and more of what you came out here for. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Designed with the inputs of Bassheads nationwide, Victory features 25 balanced models focused on techniques, comfort, and the ultimate in fish ability and affordability backed by a 15 year transferable warranty, built in the USA. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
The Bio-Minnow Shallow Diving Jerkbaits are suspending. It is available in two sizes and in five fish-attracting colors as well as a clear ready-to-paint version. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Bio-Minnow Shallow Diver Jerkbait
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.