Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Morell Mushrooms

3/10/04 @ 12:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
spoolingaround
USER SINCE 3/14/02
I thought that I would start this as a where and when topic. I really don't want to know exact locations. But county, day, month, type of area found such as hard woods, an old elm, etc. Also Strains would be helpful. Many people such as my self would like an idea as to of where and when to start looking. I personally have had very little success and would like to learn more. Thank You for any assistance.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,123 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/9/21 @ 3:07 PM
waffles2
USER SINCE 4/25/20

yellows are coming in. could use a little rain. found two nice little patches around dead elms.

5/7/21 @ 6:39 PM
waffles2
USER SINCE 4/25/20

mostly half frees one yellow

5/7/21 @ 8:07 AM
castle rock rigger
USER SINCE 12/9/12

Anyone found any in adams county? If yes, what type of area? I have been checking streams and pines but no luck yet.

5/6/21 @ 8:32 PM
rufflefeather
rufflefeather
USER SINCE 10/23/20

Is it ok to talk about weather manipulation here ? 

5/6/21 @ 2:32 PM
waffles2
USER SINCE 4/25/20

fox valley area. starting but still dry. hard to find elms so i usually gind them around oaks and ash. loamy soil. saw earlier someone posting some very questionable golden oyster. they are in southwest wisconsin. found last year.

5/4/21 @ 10:17 PM
b-nob
USER SINCE 2/27/09

checked my go to today, we need another 2 more rainstorms,  still dry as a popcorn fart in south wisco

5/4/21 @ 11:19 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER SINCE 6/12/10

We hadn't really had any rain here either in Northern Illinois until yesterday and today.  I looked around for about 30 minutes on saturday and didn't find anything.  I'll go out again this saturday and with the recent rain I am confident I'll find some.

5/1/21 @ 6:06 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

We need some rain here in southern Wisconsin.. looked today and only found a few dry ones

4/25/21 @ 12:49 AM
b-nob
USER SINCE 2/27/09

moisture heat are big, ditch lines have them early, crabapples and briars leafing tell you when to look, and if you ain't full of ticks your doing it wrong

4/24/21 @ 9:07 PM
budman1987
USER SINCE 1/19/03

In my experience dying elms are best!! once the tree is dead/bark all fallen off the tree is only good for another year or 2... recently cut fence lines or ditches are good... creek lines/ river banks... railroad beds..small patches of woods that recieve a lot of sun.  One of my best spots is a railroad bed with river run off right by it..its often times a smelly area but great for mushroom picking.. the ones I picked the other day were growing along the driveway of the property I deer hunt with many elms around.. also remember often times the shrooms aren't directly under the elm they are often 10 15 20 yards away

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,123 POSTS
Advertise here
Keep your beverages nice and cood with double-walled vacuum insulation from Grizzly. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Drinkware
Precision trolling with a low profile at an affordable price. Loaded with features, the Convector Low Profile Line Counter will keep you in the strike zone! PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Convector Low Profile Line Counter Reel
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.