LOGIN
Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Morell Mushrooms

3/10/04 @ 12:02 PM
ORIGNAL POST
spoolingaround
User since 3/14/02
I thought that I would start this as a where and when topic. I really don't want to know exact locations. But county, day, month, type of area found such as hard woods, an old elm, etc. Also Strains would be helpful. Many people such as my self would like an idea as to of where and when to start looking. I personally have had very little success and would like to learn more. Thank You for any assistance.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,108 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/23/20 @ 8:58 AM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

Went out fishing last night and i spotted a dead elm across the lake up on a ridge. i had to check it out. Glad i did! Finally found some. Ended up having to use my shirt as a bag to get them back to the boat haha

5/22/20 @ 9:26 AM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

Where in Door County?  I usually don't like going there.  Too many Fibs lol.

5/21/20 @ 10:04 PM
naterpotater
User since 1/8/08

Has anyone ever used rice flour or any other alternative to regular flour to cook morels?, My buddy has Celiac Disease and cant have any wheat products

Side note: found these around Yellostone today, think this weekend will be the last chance to find em around here, all big yellows and alot of rot.  No new growth

5/21/20 @ 8:55 PM
icebelt
User since 10/22/13

Benuts Door County has good picking

5/21/20 @ 4:03 PM
zones4
zones4
User since 6/18/01

Ducks just give it a two or three  days...SE Wisconsin ground just is not up to the temp for them to pop. I should take a ground temp when they do to get better idea for next year.

Again once that temps hit...boom...then once it pass and keeps going up...boom is done. 

Our Corn are emerging now in all the fields though since that is planted at 2 inches in a open sun field I cannot equate it to the morell growing. 

Field temp today in the sun, 59 degrees 1 inch down :)

5/21/20 @ 12:59 PM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

Where are the best spots to go around Green Bay to look for these?

5/20/20 @ 9:36 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01

Your not alone ducks. Looked for a bit today in SE wis, and came up empty. It's been a really cold spring, but are we this far behind? Will give it another try in a few days. 

5/20/20 @ 12:59 PM
ducks forever
User since 10/15/07

Went to a spot today in northern ozaukee county loaded with elm and apple trees not a single morel. I spent all morning looking at every tree i found. What am i doing wrong?

5/19/20 @ 11:09 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Yesterday morning it was bird first, shrooms after. Been a slow and tough year for picking, so way behind where we would normally be here in pounds harvested. I don’t expect to get a lot more based on what I’ve seen.  As for yesterday, 24 lbs of turkey, 6 lbs of shrooms. I hope to get out a few more times for morels. No more turkeys. 

5/19/20 @ 9:53 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Found a couple after turkey hunting this afternoon. Hope to find a few more in the coming days.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,108 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.