Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

How Many Of You Carry While Fishing?

5/5/14 @ 11:18 AM
ORIGNAL POST
The_Vue's
User since 9/30/13
Just wondering how many of you Carry when you go out fishing and if its legal in some parts of WI, Conceal or open. I'm planning to do alot of kayaking this summer by myself and thinking about concealing while fishing or when time to load up my kayak.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 32 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/4/16 @ 7:36 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
If I did, it would be when I am stream fishing for salmon up at Lake Superior. But, none of the other waders pack a gun.

I do keep a gun in the truck when camping alone.

12/14/15 @ 11:46 AM
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
If I'm dressed, I'm carrying. It doesn't matter where I go or what I'm doing, heck, I even carry when I'm mowing my yard!

I refuse to become a victim!

Formerly Steve @ G & S

12/13/15 @ 12:41 PM
shadling1
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
Always, though I will admit in the heat of July and August I take it off and place it in my rod locker because I like stop and swim to cool off peiodically. I always like to have it actually on my person though when launching or loading as there are often some real dirtbags fishing/getting drunk at the public fishing pier at my normal launch. This is usually more prevalent in the evening hours. Ice fishing my gun is always on me no matter if I walk or drive out. Far to many drunken idiots out on the lakes during winter. Never had an actual problem with anyone but you never know. That's why I carry everywhere, not just fishing.

12/13/15 @ 9:25 AM
NRAguy
NRAguy
User since 6/17/01
Ditto.

3/25/06 @ 4:39 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12
I carry everywhere, including on the lake

5/11/14 @ 2:04 AM
smokercraft427
MEMBER since 4/16/06
This is an interesting topic to me. I'm surprised how many guys carry while fishing. I guess mostly due to my fishing the great lakes and... family oriented inland lakes I've never felt the need to carry while in my boat. When I'm in my boat it's one of the places I feel the most relaxed and I suppose safe to the threats that generally cause me to feel the need to carry. Lets face it, your with friends and/or family. If I were to fish remote areas or river bank fish, absolutely I would carry. My daily carry is rarely not in my truck but doesn't go with me into my boat. Probably a good thing for some of those sail boaters around Milwaukee harbor Smile

5/9/14 @ 8:50 AM
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
The thing is, you NEVER know when you're going to run into a situation where a handgun might come in handy. It's kind of like saying, "I don't plan on having an accident with my car, so if I ever do, I'll put the seatbelt on right before I need it."

It could be a two-legged problem, it is even possible that it might have four legs, although highly unlikely. Or, if you fish in my part of the country, it might not have any legs at all! We have copperheads, rattlesnakes and water moccasins down here. And while the rattlers are fairly mild mannered, I've had a couple copperheads and one water moccasin that were VERY aggressive.

When they're trying to get into your boat and won't take no for an answer, or when they're trying to get into your turkey/deer blind and refuse to leave, it's time to take care of the problem....

The thing is, you can either be prepared to deal with what life throws your way, or you can be a victim. I refuse to be a victim....

Formerly Steve @ G & S

5/9/14 @ 7:41 AM
Hildy Boys
Hildy Boys
User since 12/14/09
A few years back I was hiking back to a river in the UP with my two young sons and we came across a very strange man who was camping along the river. He had a big michetty with him and I thought we were in trouble. He turned out to be harmless and a really nice guy. But man when I first saw him I was wishing I was packing!

5/8/14 @ 8:44 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Bugle Trout, I recall seeing those at fleet farm this winter. It looked plenty sturdy. So theyre still on the market.

5/8/14 @ 8:07 PM
Torrent1
User since 4/25/14
I carry regularly no matter what! I have never been attacked while fishing bent 6'4 and 250 never had much problem! Once I did encounter some drunks harassing a couple of young attractive girls at the boat launch! That almost turned physical.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 32 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.