Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cougar Sightings??

6/22/13 @ 10:13 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bob P.
USER SINCE 8/8/07
A work acquaintance of mine was returning from a Canadian fishing trip about a week and half ago. Some where in the vicinity of Minong or so along highway 53 he says he saw what he swears was a cougar. This guy doesn't seem prone to just making up tales, allegedly had his two teenaged grandsons along as witness. Anyone here have or hear of anything verifying stories like this?? Kind of cool, yet a bit unnerving if you walk northern streams as i occasionally do alone. So, what say ye?

Thanks,

bob p.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

2/18/15 @ 3:36 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER SINCE 12/20/12
And just because people tell you you are crazy doesn't make it so! I remember a guy shooting an ostrich bow hunting a few yrs back near fox lake! He stated that he was being chased by a valhsa raptor! as it turned out the ostrich was a guys pet that lived about 5 miles away and had gotten out of his pen a few days earlier. Apparently the bird was super friendly and was just following a human home. But I'm guessing in a dark swamp and some 9 ft two legged beast is crashing thru the brush a guy mite think things have really taken a turn for the worst! Point being I find lions easier to believe then ostriches in fox lake wi but I know there was one raptor out there. Anything is possible!

2/18/15 @ 2:57 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER SINCE 12/20/12
That is not a whitetail guys zoom in, the ears are not from any deer I have ever seen! The shoulder profile is all wrong for a deer as is the profile. Really zoom in and look at it. I am in prescott az write now "mountain lion central" I have shown that pic to at least 10 guys that live here and hunt here, all of them said cat!! I believe you got a pic of a lion. I know I can hear it already but zoom in and really look at the ears and body lines.

2/18/15 @ 11:14 AM
gspmanscott
USER SINCE 2/26/13
they have been in Washburn county, Casey Creek Flowage area. saposedly DNR worked with bear hunting group to tree'd one in an attempt to tranquilize it but blew it. cat got away.

i have seen tracks in the area but no sightings in the same area.

11/12/14 @ 7:29 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER SINCE 3/8/04
Saw a show on NATGEO last night called Cougar vs Wolf. It seems that cougars will kill a wolf if it gets a chance. Very interesting. So maybe there is an upside to having a small cougar population in Wisconsin.

11/4/14 @ 11:41 AM
ttreebark
ttreebark
USER SINCE 7/6/06
You guys are right,I guess I got Cougar fever.

11/3/14 @ 6:33 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
USER SINCE 3/14/03
Ehh...whitetail. Cougar has a white butt, but not so much white on the sides of the tail.

11/3/14 @ 6:15 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
USER SINCE 3/14/03
Strange rear end for a whitetail if it is...

11/3/14 @ 5:48 PM
1cast-away
USER SINCE 2/2/09
Looks like a deer.

11/3/14 @ 6:09 AM
Watchinbobbers
USER SINCE 6/30/10
Pretty hard to see what it is. 1 part looks a bit like a cat ear. Tail area looks more like a deer tail. Pretty inconclusive image. There are hundreds of thousands of deer in the state and only a handfull of cougars sooo, yeah "I cannot think it's anything but a cougar" makes perfect sense.

Or maybe its bigfoot.

Or maybe a democrat with intentions to do something fiscally responsible for the future of the country.

11/1/14 @ 9:03 PM
ttreebark
ttreebark
USER SINCE 7/6/06
I cannot think it's anything but a Cougar, here's a bobcat I got on my trail-cam same pose.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.