Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cougar Sightings??

6/22/13 @ 10:13 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Bob P.
USER SINCE 8/8/07
A work acquaintance of mine was returning from a Canadian fishing trip about a week and half ago. Some where in the vicinity of Minong or so along highway 53 he says he saw what he swears was a cougar. This guy doesn't seem prone to just making up tales, allegedly had his two teenaged grandsons along as witness. Anyone here have or hear of anything verifying stories like this?? Kind of cool, yet a bit unnerving if you walk northern streams as i occasionally do alone. So, what say ye?

Thanks,

bob p.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/23/15 @ 9:01 PM
ttreebark
ttreebark
USER SINCE 7/6/06
7/23/15 @ 8:19 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER SINCE 10/17/04
No problem. I remember my grandparents neighbor when I was around 8 or so had a pair of caracals. 13th and college area in Milwaukee over 20 years ago. They had crazy pointy ears. I remember being scared looking at them behind an 8 foot wooden fence. Just had them on leashes laying in the yard like dogs. They were some odd people...

7/22/15 @ 8:45 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER SINCE 10/17/04
7/22/15 @ 7:41 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09
whatup - I used my intuition while reading the article. When they said it might have moved south following deer I assumed they did not mean its normal for African lions to follow deer around in WI. Now that does not mean they are right, but that is what you should at least take from the article as what Flynn thinks it might be.

I also find that random guys on the internet are not always right on their stories either. People on here are just speculating as to what would be the most likely scenario. Its not bullying just because someone disagrees with you or questions you. Its called a debate.

7/22/15 @ 6:40 PM
icehouse n eyes
icehouse n eyes
USER SINCE 7/1/12
robbolio. no. your fine. some like to rattle cages. i also think this is a cougar. and an adult one.

7/22/15 @ 6:34 PM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
USER SINCE 3/31/15
I have an issue with the date you joined LL. Why the 17th.? And why October of all things.

7/22/15 @ 6:10 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER SINCE 10/17/04
For possible size reference... The guy interviewed by fox 6 was standing by his bushes were it was filmed. The bushes are up to about his belly button. The big kitty was about half the size. Probably mid thigh. I do agree its gots some big shoulders. Hopefully they find the thing! Because Im interested. I really don't give a s#$* if its an African lion or a mountain lion. I just think its a couger. Was this opinionated post offensive to anybody?

7/22/15 @ 5:12 PM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
USER SINCE 3/31/15
It looked like a female lioness to me. If not that's a heckuva puma/cougar/mountain lion. Was the location in the video verified??

7/22/15 @ 4:38 PM
ditto
USER SINCE 12/6/10
Yes mountain lions are much smaller than a full grown African lion but African lions are not always full grown, they have to grow up LOL. Seriously though the video is so poor you can't tell what it is, it could be a yellow lab from the video. One thing that does not look like a mountain lion is the shoulders, they look much more African lion. Plus theres really nothing to reference the actual size of the animal.

7/22/15 @ 4:18 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER SINCE 10/17/04
My comments are an opinion just as yours are. But you're quick to respond when someone doesn't go along with what you say... stop being a bully.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 100 POSTS
Advertise here
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.