Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Boat launch idiots!

6/26/01 @ 2:05 AM
ORIGINAL POST
goose
User since 6/16/01
Why is it that every time I go to a public launch I have to contend with someone who has no clue what they are doing? One time After fishing in the morning I get back to the launch, on lake winnebago in the big hole, and on one side of the dock I see a car and trailer in the launch, no boat or a person. I get to the dock and get out and look around and see a boat coming into the harbor. Didn't think much of it. Came back with my truck and trailer, just as two other rigs pull up to launch. I get my boat on the trailer and the boat I saw coming in behind me pulls up onto the trailer parked on the other side of the dock. This guy backed his rig in, got in his boat and went out on the lake without parking his car and trailer in the parking area!!!!!!!!!!! This launch is only a one dock two ramp deal. He had no problem with plugging one side with his car and going out on the lake! I'm sure we all have a few stories about jerks at the boat landings so here is a place to vent!

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 2,694 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/24/20 @ 1:06 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Aw.  Come on.  We've all been there.  When you gotta go, you gotta go!

And at least he didn't clog up the launch while doing his business.

8/24/20 @ 11:46 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

DANG!!!  Wonder what he was late for.........

8/24/20 @ 10:54 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Outstanding! Totally Outstanding. Multiple beer can found all over the floor.

8/24/20 @ 7:29 AM
northernexsposure
User since 3/15/08

This guy didn’t take long to land his boat in Wausau yesterday.  https://wausaupilotandreview.com/2020/08/23/video-driver-rams-boat-at-wausau-landing/

8/13/20 @ 11:23 PM
Kayaker3
User since 9/9/13

I've kept track of  how long it takes people to load their boat after they "race" me to the launch.  For some reason, seeing a boat heading to a launch makes others panic and they just have to get there before you.  I have yet to have one "race me" and actually be speedy at loading.  Or semi-speedy.  Or even proficient about loading.  35 minutes I had to wait tonight.  41 minutes last week.   13 minutes before that.  Three different boats, same scenario.  Sigh.

8/3/20 @ 3:32 PM
banjo dan
User since 1/5/04

This site has changed from ripping on others, to offering help to others, and now to ripping on ourselves. (and that's usually the funniest) 

Outstanding. 

8/3/20 @ 2:56 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Don't feel bad.  There is a bridge I go under all the time and never really think about it.  One time though I had my bimini top up.  It wasn't opened though, just up with the canvas wrapped in the boot yet.  Got about half way and the top of the boot caught the bridge and ripped a good hole in it.  Luckily the top itself was fine, just the boot tore.  So now I have a bimini top with big stitching across the boot to remind me lol.

8/2/20 @ 3:38 PM
262 Fishing
262 Fishing
User since 8/10/18

Sswpriz, LOL! I don't drink, so I guess the answer would be "not enough." Only had a half cup of coffee that morning, which might have factored in. It's not uncommon for me to drink an entire pot in a day.

8/2/20 @ 3:26 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

262, I agree with milemark, that's not a BLI, that's just a miscalculation,  lol.

How many beers before that...???

8/2/20 @ 12:51 PM
MileMark_714
MileMark_714
User since 12/26/10

262,that's not a BLI.Just an oops,we all do it.I shortened a stern light on the railroad bridge by Perrot park.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 2,694 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.