Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Boat launch idiots!

6/26/01 @ 2:05 AM
ORIGINAL POST
goose
User since 6/16/01
Why is it that every time I go to a public launch I have to contend with someone who has no clue what they are doing? One time After fishing in the morning I get back to the launch, on lake winnebago in the big hole, and on one side of the dock I see a car and trailer in the launch, no boat or a person. I get to the dock and get out and look around and see a boat coming into the harbor. Didn't think much of it. Came back with my truck and trailer, just as two other rigs pull up to launch. I get my boat on the trailer and the boat I saw coming in behind me pulls up onto the trailer parked on the other side of the dock. This guy backed his rig in, got in his boat and went out on the lake without parking his car and trailer in the parking area!!!!!!!!!!! This launch is only a one dock two ramp deal. He had no problem with plugging one side with his car and going out on the lake! I'm sure we all have a few stories about jerks at the boat landings so here is a place to vent!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,694 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/11/20 @ 6:55 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

That’s funny Jim!!!!! You can score every launch and recovery, and maybe start giving out prizes!!! Lol For best and worst!!!

9/10/20 @ 1:18 PM
DelavanJim
DelavanJim
User since 1/24/06

My new job.

9/9/20 @ 8:30 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

You are right vegas, he's not a BLI, he's just an a-hole.  He might be the fastest launcher on Earth, but skipping the prep lane/area is a [email protected] move.

Should be required when buying a boat to read this thread from the beginning.

9/9/20 @ 12:03 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Launched on Green Bay on Saturday.  Dykesville.  Lower lot was full of rigs.  We were first in "line" and started prepping our boat right where the signs told us to.  Never takes us more than a minute or two.  Friends were behind us, some guy in a Green Lund comes in behind them.  The Green Lund proceeded to pass the both of us and move to a launch lane, well, he tried.  Instead of being on one lane, he was in two.  And?  He then stopped to prep his boat while in the launch lane.  Boy was I po'd.

Wife and I are ready, we whip behind him and start backing in.  I shoot him a look and he puts his hand on his cap and ducks his head.

He knew what he did was wrong.  So, I'll not call him a boat launch idiot, just anxious.

9/8/20 @ 9:15 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

12packabs, yes, this was actually at Olin-Turville.  I've done it at Lake Farm as well.  If you're good at backing out of a stall, might as well to save time. I've even parallel parked with a trailer once, when I needed to park out on the street. at Olin-Turville.  

I couldn't believe how many people at that launch couldn't read the signs!  Several vehicles and trailers parked on the grass where it says no parking on the grass! Every one of them got tickets!

9/8/20 @ 5:46 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

Your not alone fish...I back out of my spot straight to the docks at 2 of my normal launches, Lake Farm and Olin Turville Park whenever I'm in one of the front spots that allows for this...you're not really holding anyone up by doing this...your boat is already tied off to the pier waiting to get recovered anyway, and your dock can't be used by that guy.  Screw him and his funny look.

9/8/20 @ 8:20 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I had a guy look a little funny at me the other day when I got back to my car and proceeded to back right up to the dock instead of go forward first and go around.  the parking stalls are angled at this launch and I was the second stall in line, so instead of pull forward, drive several yards to the turn around and then have to turn and back up I just backed right up to the dock from my parking spot. He was coming from the other lot, I believe, and I didn't see him until he was right behind me.  Luckily he waited.  It would have taken me way longer to pull foward, go around, then turn around to have the trailer facing the lake.  Unlike some people though I make it to the dock on one try, not several!

9/8/20 @ 6:29 AM
Budman
User since 8/17/01

Might be a good way to enjoy the weekends

9/7/20 @ 4:19 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11

This weekend brought out the people that only launch twice a year. Memorial weekend and Labor day weekend.

Watched a boat get taken out of the water, motor dragging on the concrete.

And witnessed a gentleman pull into the boat launch with the trailer jack wheel dragging on the ground also.

9/7/20 @ 3:58 PM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

Three today at the single launch lane !!!! Prep your boat before u get into the launch lane not taking up the lane/launch.   Especially when the owner says to move it and you don’t.  When someone pulls over to prep the boat on the street, don’t pass them (me) and get in front of me to prep your boat taking up the launch lane.   The third one took place when I pulled the boat out.  Guy pulls up and took about ten minutes or so in the launch lane to prep his boat.   When he put it in the water I backed down and he got the hint to put it on the side of pier.   Then he took another ten or so to motor off.  Gonna have to mention to owner to put a sign up about prepping boats!!  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,694 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.