MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Boat launch idiots!

6/26/01 @ 2:05 AM
ORIGINAL POST
goose
goose
USER since 6/16/01
Why is it that every time I go to a public launch I have to contend with someone who has no clue what they are doing? One time After fishing in the morning I get back to the launch, on lake winnebago in the big hole, and on one side of the dock I see a car and trailer in the launch, no boat or a person. I get to the dock and get out and look around and see a boat coming into the harbor. Didn't think much of it. Came back with my truck and trailer, just as two other rigs pull up to launch. I get my boat on the trailer and the boat I saw coming in behind me pulls up onto the trailer parked on the other side of the dock. This guy backed his rig in, got in his boat and went out on the lake without parking his car and trailer in the parking area!!!!!!!!!!! This launch is only a one dock two ramp deal. He had no problem with plugging one side with his car and going out on the lake! I'm sure we all have a few stories about jerks at the boat landings so here is a place to vent!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,905 Posts
5/15/19 @ 9:24 PM
shadling1
shadling1
USER since 1/17/12
Sunset bay landing on Lake Wisconsin today. One guy tied off on one side and going to get his truck to load up. I pull in prep area, undo my straps, etc. About to hop back in the truck and launch but nope. Guy in Don's Marine truck pulls in with a pontoon, cuts right in front of me and backs down the ramp. He clearly saw I was ready to launch. Not only that, but him and the other guy proceed to spend 10 minutes uncovering and whatever else while parked on the ramp, while I sat waiting, as the other guy was still loading. 10 years ago I would have unleashed an f-bomb tirade on them, but I took deep breaths and just let it go. Either way this guy is clearly a royal a$$hole, and I sincerely hope he pulls that crap on the wrong person one day and gets the punch in the face he deserves.

Post Your Comment
5/1/19 @ 9:01 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

It’s this weekend and The 4th that I’m thankful that we have our own launch on our property. Besides the idiots, I can F’up all I want and nobody will know!!!

Post Your Comment
5/1/19 @ 7:26 PM
Bowhunting Guy
Bowhunting Guy
USER since 5/22/18

I can’t wait to have something to contribute. Unfortunately for this thread, a great deal of my open water fishing is done when it’s still miserably cold out. That usually weeds out most of the yahoos and leaves the guys who are pretty serious and knowledgeable about what they’re doing. 

We are in May now, so soon it will be time to grab a six pack and a lawn chair and observe the Fremont town launch. Might be even better than catching whitebass. 

Cheers to safe and efficient boat launching!

Post Your Comment
5/1/19 @ 8:18 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

That could have ended badly. A friend of mine did that years ago and the anchor ended up snapping back into the boat. Almost killed his wife. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
4/30/19 @ 9:17 PM
budman1987
budman1987
USER since 1/19/03

Not a bli but I did see a guy try to get up on plane a few weeks ago on delevan with his back anchor still down that was quite amusing... at least me and the other 30 boats out there thought so

Post Your Comment
4/30/19 @ 11:13 AM
Poppster
Poppster
USER since 2/15/19

To the top

Post Your Comment
9/5/18 @ 6:14 PM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

"a good half hour to get off"

Cold, I take it you don't have kids?

Post Your Comment
8/27/18 @ 1:27 PM
hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
USER since 8/24/07

Been a while since I could classify myself as a BLI, but last week I went out on Winnebago solo. Came in, tied up, backed trailer in, got boat centered, hooked up and started cranking. It would come in straight then make a hard turn toward the dock no matter how many times I tried. Seriously spent a good 5 minutes of WTF-ing when I noticed...my tie off rope was wrapped around one of the pier posts. 

It was my first time out with my boat this year, so I was obviously rather rusty. 

Post Your Comment
8/27/18 @ 12:44 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

My guess is that you will be told to self-fornicate but it never hurts to try.

Post Your Comment
8/27/18 @ 9:21 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Happened again last night. Was fishing off the south end of bago. Checked the radar and saw the storm coming. Had a good half hour to get off and get home but still needed to get moving. All went ok but at the Supples landing, boats were starting to pile up and a big yellow cigarette boat pulls in. It was a BIG rig. He kind of blocked a few lanes while he was waiting for the trailer but that wasn't the real problem. He left the damn engines on and we all had to listen to the gargling roar as he sat there and idled. Not being able to communicate with the driver of our trucks as they backed in the trailers was irritating to say the least. Is it hard to start those things back up once you shut them down?. I just don't get it why the knobs wouldn't shut it down until they need the power at the landing. It wasn't windy. Next time that happens, I am going to say something. I think it was needless and rude. Mrt.  

Edited on 8/27/18 10:56 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,905 Posts