Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Boat launch idiots!

6/26/01 @ 2:05 AM
ORIGNAL POST
goose
User since 6/16/01
Why is it that every time I go to a public launch I have to contend with someone who has no clue what they are doing? One time After fishing in the morning I get back to the launch, on lake winnebago in the big hole, and on one side of the dock I see a car and trailer in the launch, no boat or a person. I get to the dock and get out and look around and see a boat coming into the harbor. Didn't think much of it. Came back with my truck and trailer, just as two other rigs pull up to launch. I get my boat on the trailer and the boat I saw coming in behind me pulls up onto the trailer parked on the other side of the dock. This guy backed his rig in, got in his boat and went out on the lake without parking his car and trailer in the parking area!!!!!!!!!!! This launch is only a one dock two ramp deal. He had no problem with plugging one side with his car and going out on the lake! I'm sure we all have a few stories about jerks at the boat landings so here is a place to vent!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,648 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/3/20 @ 9:18 PM
banjo dan
User since 1/5/04

Was the trailer ever successfully backed into the water? 

7/3/20 @ 8:59 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Man, that guy makes me look like a pro.  Those straight shots can be awful tricky, I suppose.  How the heck did he ever get it in the water in the first place?   

Anyway, this should be an epic BLI weekend   

7/3/20 @ 3:38 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

That FB video was painful to watch...

6/29/20 @ 10:53 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01
6/22/20 @ 8:30 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

A repeat from others.  At a single ramp launch, put your boat in and motor out or go to the other side of the pier to do all of your prep stuff.  The line gets long when its a single ramp and people get mad.  One other thing which is a rant.  If you need to get drunk as hell and drive the boat, stay off the water.  That is why one of the morons took so long putting his boat on the trailer yesterday.  Flat out stupid.

6/20/20 @ 5:53 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Wow River!!!! That’s a beautiful fish!!! Always thought Pike were the best looking fish. A 40” is on my bucket list lol!!! Them pics are what being a good Dad is all about!!!! 

6/19/20 @ 9:09 PM
Riverhunt
User since 2/19/08

Well I guess the fiasco of last nights not being able to launch was a good thing for me. Took my son and daughter out early this morning to fish. My son caught the biggest fish of his life. A Thick, Healthy, Wide 40" Northern. The fight was amazing, it made 6 or 7 drag ripping runs that almost pulled the rod from my sons hands. Took 3 attempts to net him, he also made a run around the trolling motor which I cant believe he didnt get off. Best part is the smiles on their faces even though their old man got them up at 5:30am. My daughter caught bass and did the photos. All fish released to fight again. A happy father I am.

good luck to all

Riverhunt

6/19/20 @ 12:31 AM
Riverhunt
User since 2/19/08

So I went to launch my boat tonight at Big Cedar around 6pm. There was nobody in line to launch. There were 2 boats that had just been taken out and they were parked lined up in front of the wipe down station. The second boat was almost to the fence of the patrol launch, I could barely get turned around by the dumpsters. I decided to drive up thru the upper lot to see if there was an open spot. Both lots were full so I drove down past the launch again by that time had 2 other rigs behind me when 3 or 4 boats were coming to the docks to retrieve their trailers. Where do you think they tied up at???? Both launch lanes. Not a boat at any of the tie up docks out of the way and they decide to stack up 2 boats deep in both lanes. Unbelievable! I wasnt going to shake up that hornets nest. Drove to another lake. Maybe if I wasnt by myself I would have launched but that was Ridiculous. On my way out two more boats were coming in to launch. I must have picked the wrong time to want to fish Big Cedar.

Tight lines,

Riverhunt

6/16/20 @ 5:00 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

I’ll blame her dad, brothers, boyfriend, and/or salesman.  And, yes, I know that’s a sexist statement   

6/16/20 @ 3:33 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

So, not a boat launch idiot, but....

I was filling up with gas in Door County recently.  I looked over and saw a little SUV pull up to a pump.  A woman in her 20's got out.  I noticed she was wearing a Northwestern college sweatshirt and there were Northwestern bumper stickers on her car.

She tried to pump gas for about 3 minutes and couldn't figure out why the pump wouldn't work.

After watching this, I asked her if her car was diesel.  She looked at me confused....then I told her that she was at the diesel pump and that pump wouldn't fit a car unless it ran on diesel.

Yah...Northwestern.  Money well spent.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,648 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.