Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Boat launch idiots!

6/26/01 @ 2:05 AM
ORIGNAL POST
goose
User since 6/16/01
Why is it that every time I go to a public launch I have to contend with someone who has no clue what they are doing? One time After fishing in the morning I get back to the launch, on lake winnebago in the big hole, and on one side of the dock I see a car and trailer in the launch, no boat or a person. I get to the dock and get out and look around and see a boat coming into the harbor. Didn't think much of it. Came back with my truck and trailer, just as two other rigs pull up to launch. I get my boat on the trailer and the boat I saw coming in behind me pulls up onto the trailer parked on the other side of the dock. This guy backed his rig in, got in his boat and went out on the lake without parking his car and trailer in the parking area!!!!!!!!!!! This launch is only a one dock two ramp deal. He had no problem with plugging one side with his car and going out on the lake! I'm sure we all have a few stories about jerks at the boat landings so here is a place to vent!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,652 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/7/20 @ 11:44 AM
grousenut
User since 2/8/02

If you are with your wife.girlfriend or teenager,please teach them to back out of the launch and motor away from the launch or slide into an empty slip till you return from parking the trailer. I cant take it any more. 

7/5/20 @ 4:03 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

That’s not being a BLI.  That’s just age and forgetfulness.  Welcome to the club   

7/5/20 @ 3:43 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

It finally happened. After a couple days at the resort, I had to run into town to get gas. The launch at the resort is a challenge with no pier, so after a big hassle of trying to get it on the trailer, I finally won and pulled it and was on my way. Got to the road and thought, why not be a good law abiding citizen and pull your plug? So, I hopped out, pulled it, tossed it by the console and was off. Returned about 20 minutes later and had my wife climb aboard to motor off the trailer, launched, parked and unhooked the trailer, then moseyed down to the dock where the wife had pulled up. She was about to hook up the stern cleat when I noticed the anchor next to her had some water in the fin and thought "hmmm that's weird after a drive with all that wind and bouncing," then looked to the left and noticed something glistening at the bottom of the apron that hangs from the splashwell. D'OH!!! I knew immediately what I'd done, or not done more appropriately lol. Ditched everything in my pockets, grabbed the plug and hopped in. Thankfully it was only chest deep and the water was nice. But that was a good 30+ minute pumping job. After a few minutes I noticed there was a split in the hose at the hull, and have determined I need a much higher capacity pump. Glad to get this little wake up call in a pleasant docked environment rather than mid lake in nasty weather!

7/5/20 @ 11:42 AM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

That was painful to watch Lol!

You would think he’d practice a bit in a back corner of a Walmart!

Two weeks ago a guy was wrenching on his jet ski at the public ramp on Tichigan. He blocked inbound and outbound launching for 35 minutes, as well as the pier for folks who wanted to come in to use the porta-potty.

At the time I wasn’t launching, I was just waiting for my wife and son to meet up with me, as I went out before them.

When they arrived, I nosed my bow up to the end of the pier so that they could jump in.

The guy was super irritated with me, and told me he was trying to work on his jet-ski, and I was in his way. I smiled and told him to have a nice day - figured the guys waiting in line could do the heavy lifting...

He was looking for confrontation and was crabby, really didn’t want to get into it with him.

Not sure how the story ended, he was still there wrenching on his stuff when I left, and there was 3 boats waiting to launch, and 3 waiting to get their boat back on the trailer. 

Was certainly one of the more inconsiderate things I’ve witnessed in quite some time...

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
7/3/20 @ 9:18 PM
banjo dan
User since 1/5/04

Was the trailer ever successfully backed into the water? 

7/3/20 @ 8:59 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Man, that guy makes me look like a pro.  Those straight shots can be awful tricky, I suppose.  How the heck did he ever get it in the water in the first place?   

Anyway, this should be an epic BLI weekend   

7/3/20 @ 3:38 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

That FB video was painful to watch...

6/29/20 @ 10:53 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01
6/22/20 @ 8:30 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

A repeat from others.  At a single ramp launch, put your boat in and motor out or go to the other side of the pier to do all of your prep stuff.  The line gets long when its a single ramp and people get mad.  One other thing which is a rant.  If you need to get drunk as hell and drive the boat, stay off the water.  That is why one of the morons took so long putting his boat on the trailer yesterday.  Flat out stupid.

6/20/20 @ 5:53 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Wow River!!!! That’s a beautiful fish!!! Always thought Pike were the best looking fish. A 40” is on my bucket list lol!!! Them pics are what being a good Dad is all about!!!! 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,652 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.