SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

blue berries

7/9/14 @ 6:38 AM
INITIAL POST
psycho
User since 1/21/02
who picks? seem late this year but lots of flowers.
Displaying 16 to 30 of 31 posts
8/3/19 @ 8:19 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

hehehehe!! lol

7/31/19 @ 5:20 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Normally I can find tons of blueberry bushes in the wild but finding berries on them is a whole nother matter.  I just have that knack for finding only the most sterile bushes.  Last week I was out in the muggies and buggies checking bear baits and a crow literally led me from bait pile to a large patch of wild blues. Craziest thing I can recall happening in the woods.  So over the next week I put in a few hours a day, got several quarts of tiny and very flavorful berries. Didn't even bother dragging any family along as I knew I would just hear too much whining about the working conditions.  Wife used up a lot of them berries making pancakes every morning. All I can say is WOW the taste of wild berries far out classes the store boughts.

7/20/19 @ 9:05 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Got 4 lbs 5 oz today in 5 1/2 hours. concentrated mostly on blueberries not bilberries some starting to fall off some still to come. My main spot had big ones my other spot 8 miles away had small ones and not as many. probably one more week and they are done producing. Douglas county Barnes area. Not as good as the last two years that had a picking rate of a pound an hour.

7/30/18 @ 8:53 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

if you want to see bears, pick blue perries

7/16/18 @ 2:04 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

That’s quite a haul. Not much in my neck of the woods for blueberries, but I was surprised at all the ripe raspberries I saw this weekend. Tons of blackberries on the way. 

Still eating some of last year’s jams, but starting to run low now. 

7/16/18 @ 6:25 AM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Even better than last year 7 hours 7lbs 14 oz The berries were huge and in clumps for easy picking. Did one 15 foot circle for an hour and a half  Phenomenal. I was picking mostly bilberry and then over about 40 feet I found a huge blueberry patch that I picked for the last hour and a half. I did not go to my other spot that has more blueberries , may go there later this week

7/24/17 @ 12:16 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

This recipe seems odd, however it is outstanding! I replace the cookie topping called for with 50/50 crushed graham crackers and oatmeal.

Smoked blueberry crumble

7/24/17 @ 7:41 AM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
went saturday 4 hours 5 lbs yesterday 9 hours 7 1/2 lbs. unreal year. the first place I went were mostly bilberry the second place was about half and half bilberry and blueberry just north of Barnes prime time right now

7/18/15 @ 7:52 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
just went yesterday by Barnes got 5 cups in three hours.The berries arent that big yet so it is just the start. Not all the plants were blooming. I usually get three quarts for three hours.By the way it looked it will be a very good year up there. Inside the Germann road fire area. Some areas have been sprayed for future planting of trees, so those areas wont have any. Actually my spot was sprayed and I had to find a new spot but it was just on the way out and pulled over and got all I wanted
7/24/14 @ 4:30 PM
Mike Nitro
Mike Nitro
User since 4/3/14
Was in Boulder Junction over the weekend and there were plenty of Blueberries on the sides of the roads. We picked and ate a bunch and they were quite large. I guess they had ample rain in early summer so its a good year for them.
7/24/14 @ 7:30 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
This is an awesome recipe for blueberries! It may seem odd to make a smoked dessert but the smoke flavor really makes it good. Smoked Blueberry Crumble
Watchinbobbers
User since 6/30/10
what type of terrain do you find blueberries in? Hardwoods, conifers, boggy areas????
7/23/14 @ 12:16 PM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09
I was in mercer last weekend, lots of fruit coming in on plants in the sunnier areas, just starting to see a few ripe berries but it's still early
7/16/14 @ 12:43 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
The wife's been picking a few wild ones around the house here for a couple weeks. Got a couple cups over that time. Orchard down the road opens this Saturday, and is already limiting hours after then... they are reporting a light yield this year. Northern Jackson Co.
7/16/14 @ 9:40 AM
Edward Felcohands
User since 2/24/09
I was up in mercer this weekend, nothing ripe yet but lots of fruit coming in, should be another good year
Displaying 16 to 30 of 31 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE