Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Asparagus

4/14/15 @ 9:36 PM
ORIGNAL POST
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
Just wondering who picks and when you start picking. For some great reason I get a kick out of it. Last year was more of a learning opportunity and I was fairly discouraged. However, I stuck with it and managed to map out/mark on a GPS over 300 areas with plants on different road around my house...Hoping this is the ticket.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 58 OF 58 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/22/15 @ 9:16 AM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
Picked 5lbs this last Monday and 2lbs the week before. A lot of the old stalks had new growth about the size of your pinky tip. So I would assume after tomorrow those would be ready to pick.

Everything that I get from the ditch was ready weeks ago and most likely past prime if it was not cut.

5/22/15 @ 7:39 AM
CMontiho
User since 7/7/14
I wonder if it is too late in Waukesha. I find a few stalks by some old plants but not any large bunches. What I don't see are any full grown new green plants which leads me to believe it is still early. Am I way off? It is my first real year looking for it. Can anyone help?

5/10/15 @ 12:31 AM
b-nob
User since 2/27/09
we had them early springs awhile back that might of confused a few people but generally your right, and mothersday is usually the the morel hunting weekend

5/7/15 @ 9:45 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
User since 3/14/06
Me and the wife picked about 6 1/2 lbs. of sprigs after work today. IDK about being late this year? Generally garden stuff starts about 5-1 and wild a week later. Pretty much coincides with the lilac bloom. Now if I could just figure out those morels!! Worried

5/6/15 @ 2:54 AM
b-nob
User since 2/27/09
Picked about 2 pounds of new shoots 3 days ago in rock county from 2 of five spots its just starting for the wild stuff here. Happy hunting and may your pee stink for a few hours after eating Tounge Out

5/5/15 @ 7:55 AM
CMontiho
User since 7/7/14
I found one stalk Sunday. This is my first year. I am in Waukesha County. Do you guys/gals think I am too early or too late? Any tips would be appreciated!

4/17/15 @ 3:54 PM
mapper
User since 1/4/02
Flyguy,

If you are in the southern part of the state it should be soon. I would guess in a week or so, depending on how much rain we get and the temps. I'm going to pick my first batch out of my garden this weekend. However, my soil is very dark and warms quickly. The wild stuff I pick is usually a week to 10 days after I pick in my garden. Have fun and I can't wait either.

Mapper

DISPLAYING 51 TO 58 OF 58 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.