Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Asparagus

4/14/15 @ 9:36 PM
ORIGNAL POST
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
Just wondering who picks and when you start picking. For some great reason I get a kick out of it. Last year was more of a learning opportunity and I was fairly discouraged. However, I stuck with it and managed to map out/mark on a GPS over 300 areas with plants on different road around my house...Hoping this is the ticket.

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 58 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/25/16 @ 3:30 PM
cabinbum
User since 4/1/10
its that time. will be cutting some in the morning. Big Smile

6/28/15 @ 6:21 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
User since 3/13/10
All taken roadside! Thought most of the pickin was done? My wife found a handful on a walk today, then we took a drive to check a few spots!! Very happy!

6/17/15 @ 9:21 AM
519vx
User since 7/7/05
flguy - the 33 foot right of way is NOT for the publics' use, it is for upkeep and potential future expansion of the roadway. Its not your right to park your truck in the 33 foot lane, or set up a campsite there as if you were the owner.

6/17/15 @ 5:39 AM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
User since 3/14/06
Just out of common courtesy, we NEVER pick in front of someone's house or yard. There is no need to piss off landowners. There is plenty of asparagus out there!

6/16/15 @ 10:15 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05
I'd say not recommended, asparagus roots can be very deep and expansive. If you Buy some older crowns and plant at home you won't have too long of a wait.

6/16/15 @ 9:31 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
User since 3/13/10
Can I transplant asparagus That is fully grown (approx 3' high) and ready to seed out. I have a spot where I can dig up and place on my property. Just curious if its recommended ?

6/2/15 @ 10:51 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
Correct me if I'm wrong but the right away is 33 feet off the center line so ive been told. I know of a farmer whose wife complains because they pay taxes to the center line. However, the right away (you can pick asparagus there) goes 33 feet off the center. Ive had a judge and multiple police officers confirm the 33 foot rule. However, I also know there may be differences in the areas.

6/1/15 @ 7:32 PM
red rover
MEMBER since 8/19/12
Just a friendly FYI, in rural areas there are a lot of private as well as some township roads where pickers are not welcome. Landowners pay taxes to the center of the road and own the roadsides......RED

6/1/15 @ 6:09 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
User since 3/13/10
WENT FOR A 30MI CRUZE TODAY. FOUND APPROX. 2LBS. BUT FOUND SOME NEW HOT SPOTS. LOTS HAVE GONE TO SEED. TO MENTAL NOTES AND WROTE THEM DOWN.

5/22/15 @ 9:53 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
Sauk County...been picking for weeks. My only problem is not enough time and not enough people out one my spots. A lot has gone to seed....Have a few spots that I get stuff daily...Love this stuff! Mushrooms taste great but asparagus is so much more manageable.

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 58 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.