Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin's Unmanaged Wolves

11/13/17 @ 10:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Farnorthbadger
User since 12/7/13

A very interesting possible end around of longtime federal inaction on the out of control  Wisconsin wolf packs.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 384 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

2/8/18 @ 11:40 AM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

They mention at least one other bull elk for the Clam Lake herd as a wolf kill but the update regarding kills was specifically for the introduced Kentucky elk and their recent offspring, not the herd as a whole. BRF update did not mention anything about kills. This is also not a report, but just meeting minutes. It's a quick update, not an indepth report out.

2/8/18 @ 7:28 AM
Farnorthbadger
User since 12/7/13

Some  citizen must have gotten a pic of that calf being eaten by wolves for it to be termed a " confirmed wolf kill" . The rest of the BRF herd must have excelled at the tree climbing lessons our WDNR has been teaching them. It seemed in that report that there were zero other wolf predations in 2017..................that's a stunning turnaround from the over 30% rates in 2016. That's our very pro wolf WDNR as always so hard at work............... protecting their precious overpopulation of wolves not the truly endangered once native Wisconsin elk. 

2/7/18 @ 8:50 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

At least the wolves finally managed to kill one of those elusive calves...

2/7/18 @ 4:50 PM
Farnorthbadger
User since 12/7/13
Thanks for the link Fish, much appreciated. Not a single mention at this entire meeting of predation rates on the BRF elk herd by wolves or any other predators? On hard data from an electronic collared elk herd. Only in Wisconsin. As always unbelievable. Prowolf WDNR politically agenda  indeed. 

2/7/18 @ 1:59 PM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

Elk Advisory Committee Minutes

Here you go badger. While not the biannual update you are yearning for, it does provide some of the updates you were looking for. Go to the dnr website and search for elk advisory committee and there are other minutes from previous meetings. I don’t know what to make of this so I’d love to hear your insights 

2/6/18 @ 9:04 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

Steve White, I have always been a man who, when makes a mistake, or is wrong, quickly admits it. In this case I must be wrong about the native american point and, I apologize. However, I was not nor was I fishing for anything. I did know the pics were wolves. I am NOT a city boy. I did not know they were looking for or at bear bait. On that issue I will plead if ignorant and, I hope you know the difference between ignorant and stupid. 

In my defense I guess I was just put off you did not answer my honest questions. 

As far as trolling you...I do NOT troll ever. Not even when I am on the water and phishing!

2/6/18 @ 8:52 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04

phishin phool,  I'm sorry that I took your not knowing most of the pics I posted were of wolves at an obvious bear bait. Thinking you were perhaps an anti fishing for something.  My wrong.

But, now you got my curiosity peeked. Having now gone through all the posts on this topic. I see no where I stated being part Native American. Which makes me wonder where you gleamed that info? Perhaps trolling me else where? Perhaps my initial thoughts were right?

2/6/18 @ 8:10 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Oh whoops, I was out last week and didn't look at this site.  Too lazy to read back so you can be smart with me if I deserve it, I have no problems with that!  I just noticed it on our local news today so they must be behind.

2/6/18 @ 7:58 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER since 4/5/08

lakeshiner, I am (seriously) not trying to be a smart a$$ but, I posted a link about that story on 28 Jan '18. Just an FYI.

2/6/18 @ 7:07 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Saw on the news this morning that a guy shot a wolf during opening day of rifle season.  It was collared and when it was found they saw the guy in his stand yet.  He also was illegally baiting.

So the genius shot a wolf and then stayed by it LOL.  One less I suppose for you guys counting.  Hopefully one less idiot in the woods too.  He must have thought one of the 3 S's was 'Stay'.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 384 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.