SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Wisconsin hunting regulations

9/27/23 @ 9:53 AM
INITIAL POST
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

Couple weeks ago there was a post on here about finding printed copies of the 2023 Wisconsin hunting regulations. Several posters including myself, responded that Fleet farm has them available

I just read through them for deer hunting and regular hunting regulations to see if there were any specific changes.  Under the weapons section, it was stated that the use of machine guns or any other fully automatic firearms are illegal for use.

WTH, do people really hunt deer with a machine gun ???????????

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
9/30/23 @ 8:37 AM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
If not mistaken, and I might be, the outlawing of full auto was due to the commercial harvest of ducks back in the 1920-30 time frame.  
Browning full autos and punt guns took their toll, 

9/28/23 @ 8:55 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
So, you're making hamburger meet while it's alive? smh
9/28/23 @ 3:12 PM
Wjbk95
User since 4/12/21
I somewhat agree…I hunt usually with a single shot 243….however if someone has through the time for the background work and paid for the tax stamp to have a full auto, shouldn’t they have the right to use it?  
9/28/23 @ 12:16 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Semi automatic is plenty fast! Pull Triger, pull Triger again, and so on! Heck, when I'm deer hunting I normally fire only once. Drop them on the first shot and there's no need for more shots!
9/27/23 @ 8:09 PM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
Better accuracy by volume!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE