SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Swamp bridge ideas

5/29/22 @ 2:45 AM
INITIAL POST
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Looking for ideas to get to High ground through a tag alder swamp.. previous owner has a path with some boards just randomly placed to get to a tree stand.. We made it in but one wet foot lots of deer sign once in..My son even found a shed..

Any design ideas lots of rain in Northern Wisconsin..

I was thinking 5 foot long 15 inches wide pre made and a pair of hip boots..

Also I introduced myself to the land owner to the north of the property I just purchased to show respect for the up coming season and give him my number if he or any of his group of hunters needs help with anything and or stand safety..He just told me they hunt where they want to and go..How do I handle that..Guy would not even take my number... Safety is number one when it comes to my boys I will not let them be put in harm's way...

Swamp bridge ideas photo by huntfishcrappie
Displaying 31 to 34 of 34 posts
5/29/22 @ 12:32 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Good luck with your bridge ideas. I had a positive experience with the Menards piers in the past. Well built ,adjustable heights and was easy enough to work with in 5ft sections. 

Enjoy your new land with family and friends.

5/29/22 @ 11:32 AM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Thanks Fowler I appreciate the info..I just got done looking at that dock parts..lam looking at about 15 feet no ATV just walking in..Most is ankle deep except one spot my wife almost lost her boot.. Also yes I will have to post my north border.. l did find a tree stand on my land that's not the previous owners.. it was a older gentleman and he hunted one spot only..We talked with the owner for a hour at closing..I think he wanted the land to go to hunters not land flipper..He sold it due to age and safety.. Very nice gentleman lots of info about the land and spots to try..He talked to my son's about not me..

Posted sign and a few yellow snow plowing marker's in my future.. Off to Menards..

5/29/22 @ 10:44 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

you only have about 5ft of wet area to cross? 

Build a pier across it. Menards sells pier kits. Galvanized framing with foot pads and wood decking?

Mayb check around local manufacturer business for free pallets to lay down?  

Alot of options to play with. You looking to cross this wet area with an atv?

Sounds like you attempted a polite introduction to your new neighbors. To me , they sound like a crowd that hunted everywhere included your newly purchased land. Get the posting signs out along your north border. Time to nip that in the bud if thats the case. 

Displaying 31 to 34 of 34 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE