SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Poisoning reported Northern Wis

4/20/19 @ 8:53 AM
INITIAL POST
hoofhearted25
User since 1/4/10

I see the DNR is reporting Marinette,Forest and Bayfield Co's have had poisonings. Killing even domestic  dogs. Be careful if you take your partner shed hunting. One article said within 30 minutes.

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
4/23/19 @ 9:32 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
Heard it was fly bait.  Farmers have used it for years to kill off problem raccoons and skunks.
4/22/19 @ 6:53 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

It hasnt been analysed yet but the prime suspect is a potatoe insecticide. Rancid meat doesnt kill in 30 minutes.

4/22/19 @ 4:35 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

Did they ever say what kind of poison was used or if it was just possibly rancid meat?  Just seems weird that it would be over such a wide area.  I've heard of cases of people doing similar things but just in a much smaller area. 

I'm all for clipping wolves and have no use for the judge shopping that has kept a management plan on the sidelines for years.  But killing people's pets and hunting companions is not acceptable collateral damage just to trim back the wolves a bit. 

4/22/19 @ 11:36 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Heard about this several weeks ago from a friend who works with a gentleman who lost one of these dogs . Understand it was a very brutal end to a great hunting companion and family pet.  Many of us are dog owners and I could not imagine seeing this happen to one of my pups.. Will see where the investigation leads, but if it was intentional then the person(s) involved should get charged with the max. penalty..

4/22/19 @ 9:05 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
With liberal judges pushing to keep wolves on the endangered list while populations explode, who'd a thunk that locals will attempt to deal with the problem by themselves.  Put wolf regulation back into the hands of the state of WI or this will continue to happen.
4/21/19 @ 7:52 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Plausible.  Thats a rational use of language which I cant disagree with. I can think of other scenarios but its all moot until evidence starts rolling in.

4/21/19 @ 7:00 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I think it’s plausible to consider that someone is targeting wolves...

Certainly not a whole lot of love for wolves in the Northwoods...

The poisoned meat is being placed in rural areas - so it certainly is a possibility.  

4/20/19 @ 2:11 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

youre being a goof. Use youre phys ed major for something besides excercising quadriceps.

4/20/19 @ 11:30 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

what are you aasssuming

4/20/19 @ 11:29 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

press gazzette

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE