So, a friend and I have been trying very hard to contact a landowner in the MFL program. We have called him multiple times, left voicemails, even visited his house. I have gotten permission through looking at GIS maps and finding neighboring landowners and getting permission to cross private land into his MFL open land. We simply want to talk to this guy to see if we can hang stands or not and to avoid any conflicts with people that may already be hunting there. I guess what bothers me is that he is getting a tax break for leaving his land "open", when in all reality he is clearly avoiding anyone who attempts to gain access. I guess my issue is that selfish landowners are allowed to landlock their property in this program and there is no obligation to respond to anyone who inquires about the property. To add, the day we got permission from a bordering landowner, we bowhunted the property and some guy (not the landowner, as he was younger and the landowner is in his 70's) drove up on a 4 wheeler and when he saw my buddy he got on his phone and then proceeded to drive large circles around us until closing time. I'm not sure where that falls under hunter harassment laws on account of it being private land, but it still doesn't seem right.