MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Hunter's Safety training for kids

11/22/17 @ 3:22 PM
INITIAL POST
madmerle
madmerle
User since 7/20/01

Someone once told me about a hunting/shooting club outside of Waukesha that did Hunter's Safety training classes.  Does anyone know the name of it?  I cannot seem to find it!  Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
4/8/20 @ 11:39 PM
Clarkede
Clarkede
User since 4/8/20

Is a Parental Release Form required by all agencies that offer these courses? My son is 16, but he's so eager to participate in a hunting program. We are considering the Youth Hunting and Fishing program or KidCentral TN - the basic courses are free and consist of  a field day + classroom time.

https://tnwf.org/inaugural-youth-deer-hunt-a-success https://pimion.com/

11/22/17 @ 5:58 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

The Wisconsin House Outdoorsman club does one. I am one of the instructors. If you would like please contact me at 262-370-5315. 

Cost is 10 dollars and it includes many things along with the class. The 10 dollars goes to the DNR, not our club. We love having students and teaching them safety and hunter ethics.

Call me and we can discuss. My names Mike and the next class is in February I believe. We host the one at Wern Valley.

11/22/17 @ 3:56 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I know Wern Valley and another group at St Joe's in Big Bend offered the course.

Here is a website. www.wchea.org

11/22/17 @ 3:35 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

NO idea but did you know that legally kids don't need the HSC till they are 12.  your 7 year old doesn't need to take the class till they are 12 and have the ability to do a non-mentored hunt.  

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE