SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Home made scent dripper.

11/7/19 @ 12:05 PM
INITIAL POST
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

I have plans to make my own scent drippers.  I have the plastic tubing, just wondering if anyone knows offhand of any similar-sized bottles that are black?

I was thinking of using some old wood-glue bottles in the shed, but they are white and I don't think they'd warm up enough to melt the scent and drip on really cold days.

My other thought is that if I sew up a camo pouch to hang it in, does it even matter what color the bottle is?  Thinking probably not.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
11/12/19 @ 10:56 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

I found a near-empty squeeze bottle of Hershey's syrup - dark brown.  Took some camo cloth from a worn out jacket and cut a pattern, sewed it up.  Siliconed a short piece of aquarium tubing into the cap (was hoping for tighter fit to just use friction to hold it in, but had to use the glue). 

I have a grommet kit, folded the excess material over and pounded in a grommet to attach the cord to.

Looks like a store-bought one. May end up painting the tubing black to absorb sunlight on frosty days.

11/9/19 @ 11:11 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

I think they make the bottles dark so you have to keep buying more of the scent they sell. I hunt public land and found  a dripper by a gut pile someone forgot. Never used it because I hunt different areas a lot and rarely find a reason to set up scent, but when I do It's with a small (think old 35mm film can) snap cap plastic container with a short length of camo para cord Jammed in it. I squirt Tinks in on top to wet it and then I walk a short ways with it looped over the toe of my boot. Then I hang it up and wait. I might try the dripper someday because it obviously worked for someone, but I rarely "park" in the same spot when I hunt. A dinky bottle of Tinks and para cord is my light weight rig for now. Good luck to all on the upcoming  gun deer hunt.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE