Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Google earth

7/19/16 @ 5:50 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Justin01
User since 3/30/13

Does anyone know of a web site like google earth but more updated to check out areal views... I used to use a link on national geographic kids web page but can't figure that out and Google earth is just not updated enough..

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/22/16 @ 10:40 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
I use an app called huntstand...it has been updated within the year as I bought my house a year ago and it has my info it is Google maps and a Plat book all in one and its free..it shows the smallest of parcels and the biggest and who owns them excellent tool for finding new land

10/15/16 @ 7:11 AM
SpareTime
User since 11/11/05

Google earth aerial photos for WI generally come from the USDA. These are only updated every couple of years. Sometimes County GIS services will have more up to date photos or try Bing maps.

Hope this helps!

7/21/16 @ 11:29 AM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

I love google earth in that you can download your GPS data and create map layers showing your tracks and waypoints. To me that is pretty awesome.

7/19/16 @ 8:07 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

One last comment, you will notice these sites that many times you can zoom into 2 different areas and see that they were clearly updated at different times.  So, each site likely will have imagery from different time periods depending on where you are looking.  The exception would be county sites, as they usually update it all at once. 

Also, the Wisconsin DNR has a mapping tool that allows you to see layers of different public properties.  It also has aerial imagery, and has some nice tools like the ability to measure area.  I have used this to measure area for food plots so I know how much lime, fertilizer, and seed I need to use in a given area. 

7/19/16 @ 8:01 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

You can try flash earth or your county might have some updated photo imagery.  I have used a combo of Google maps, flash earth, and county sites over the years.  Also, you could also try a google search, you might find something new, as it seems that more and more of this type of data is available for free.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.