SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Forest County Deer Hunting

11/11/01 @ 5:18 PM
INITIAL POST
Pat
User since 6/15/01
Does anyone else hunt Forest county north of Crandon? I have hunted this area for 40 years and there are very few other hunters. Most years I don't see another boot track in the snow the whole season. These deer are really dying of old age in alot of these areas. I manage to get a buck most every year. Pat

Displaying 1 to 15 of 703 posts
12/5/23 @ 12:21 PM
sniper
User since 10/17/01
Wisconsin Citizen Wolf Count, a public group on Facebook, is a great place to start.
11/29/23 @ 12:08 AM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06
Go on Facebook to see lots of wolf pics, hunting and fishing reports. Lake Link is dying a slow death!!
11/28/23 @ 11:46 AM
Walleye Warrior
Walleye Warrior
User since 8/23/01
there are many wolves that wear different coats up there!  Lets see some wolf pics if there arent any deer success stories.  
11/24/23 @ 11:45 AM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06
We hunt on private land and shot a couple bucks opening weekend. Some shots,our group of 8 maybe seen a dozen deer. A couple of us had public antlerless tags that we tried to fill, all I can say is National Forest deer hunting is absolutely pathetic. Thought we could do some walking and jump a couple deer, couldn't hardly find any deer sign on public land. Don't think the DNR needs any public antlerless tags, there are hardly enough deer left to feed all the wolves!!
11/20/23 @ 11:15 AM
Walleye Warrior
Walleye Warrior
User since 8/23/01
Hello,

Any updates from the ​Bigwoods of Forest County?  I havent hunted up there, just checking in.  Sounds like our group in ​Southern Forest struggled again.  -WW

Looking to dig into more data?

Step up and unlock historical postings by upgrading to Lake-Link Pro for as little as $2.99!

More Info

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE