LOGIN
Lake-Link

Fall food plot

5/4/21 @ 10:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

Just looking to talk some food plot ideas - What do you guys have the best luck with for a late season plot? Do you do anything special for fall plot preps? How about some pictures of bucks taken off kill plots? 137 days till archery opener... 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 70 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

8/30/21 @ 7:09 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
USER SINCE 12/19/11

Dang those radishes are huge! Hopefully your plot is doing just as good!

I dropped 50# of urea on my backyard plot this weekend. I originally spread the seed by hand so some spots are a overcrowded and I went through and hand pulled some of the plants to give them a fighting chance. All in all I'm fairly happy with how it's turning out though. 

8/28/21 @ 7:35 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER SINCE 12/19/10

I saved a few daikon radish seeds that I planted at home the same weekend that I planted my food plot. I figured that would give me a reference to how my food plot is doing. Here’s what they look like. 

8/28/21 @ 7:19 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER SINCE 12/19/10

Junkie, I did keep a couple bags of 19-19-19 to spread a month or so after planting. I haven’t been up in a couple weeks now so not sure how it’s doing. I planned on making a trip up this weekend to get a few chores done but it was supposed to rain all weekend so I probably won’t be back up til Labor Day weekend. I’ll post some pics, I’m curious how it’s doing myself. 

8/28/21 @ 1:26 PM
Woods-N-Water
USER SINCE 9/17/16

Thought I had one 1/2 washed out too so I went over today to reseed.  Turned out to be only slightly washed out and the other plots all look good.  Looks like they have started to take off in the last 2 weeks.  They are way ahead of last year.

8/25/21 @ 9:05 AM
Dave1234
USER SINCE 9/8/09

Or leave the plot in and put a post on here once the wolf tags r issued and see if anyone wants to come sit on ur field.  Sounds like a win win to me!

As for plots.  2 of them got messed up by the huge rain a weeks ago.  I replanted them and fertilized them too.  Good to know about the 49-0-0 evaporating!  

8/24/21 @ 1:50 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

That sucks, feel for you man, all that work.

8/24/21 @ 12:09 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

I’m not sure. I have tons of cell cam pics but the HD images won’t come through and they haven’t been syncing up properly due to lack of service when it’s tourist season. Lots of tracks and sign for sure. I’m frustrated to say the least. I knew predators would be an issue when I bought the property, never dreamed I’d be getting wolves on camera on a weekly basis. I attached a photo of different food plot with 3 wolves that I can see. 

8/24/21 @ 8:06 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

have you been able to tell how many wolves are in the area?

8/23/21 @ 4:37 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

Here’s one of my fall plots. Oats, wheat, rye and a little peas and radish mixed in. This is a 1 acre 1st year plot and I was really happy with how it germinated and shot up. As soon as the deer started using it, wolves moved in and hasn’t been much activity lately. Probably end up disking it under if I figure it’s doing more harm than good. 

8/23/21 @ 1:59 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

Just FYI -  Urea needs to go on just before a rain or be tilled in. Urea loses it's nitrogen to the air starting immediately after you spread it. The hotter, drier and windier the faster it's lost. A couple days of hot, dry wind and 1/2 or more of your fertilizer is gone poof into the air.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 70 POSTS
Advertise here
With MEGA 360 Imaging, we didn’t reinvent the wheel. We redefined it, bringing the unmatched coverage of our 360 Imaging technology into the megahertz range for next-level detail. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA 360 Imaging
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
The Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig is the first vertical jigging bait with a metal tail for increased durability and fine-tuning. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - FishLab Bio-Minnow Vertical Jig
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.